Skip to main content

CF Doesn' t Own Me & Celebrating!

CF: A part of me:

Some Celebrations are this weekend:
First of all, Happy Birthday to my Dad!  I think my Dad is absolutely Amazing!!! Please take a minute to read all about why he is a phenominal father in this past father's day blog post! Also you can read about a funny story with a simple example for how dad is always there to save the day in this lil past post here!


So besides my Dad's Bday being today, Andew and I put up Christmas/Had a Holiday Dinner yesterday! We put up the Christmas Tree, some decorations, listened to Christmas Music and did some baking!  Here are some of our Christmas/Holiday Pictures!

       Our Tree

-------------------------------------------
Media Center



--------------------------------------
Above the Couch



-------------------------------------------
Our Hallway Closet Doors :-) Haha!




We used a Clean/New Stomach Syringe for the Turkey! Seriously, supplies double as so much! What other supplies do you use for other things? We used to squirt colored water out of the syringes to color the snow too!


I'm still working on a fun dinning room table set and coffee table centerpiece!
 
To see last years Christmas Photos: click here
 
Okay, now back the part in the title "CF Doesn't Own Me", this is why I feel it is important to state that:

I've notcied in the last couple of weeks, that I post a lot of CF related posts on my Facebook. Which is okay, since CF is such a huge part of my life. BUT, I try not to post more than once a day. But sometimes there are some really cool news about Clinical Trials, or CF Walks, or even related to my personal health. But I don't always post about it, in fear I will be posting too much. Or not everyone I'm FB friends with wants to read about CF all the time. Plus, I blog usually 2-3 a week, so that is quite a few posts too! I had a group on Facebook where people could find tips on fundraising for walks and photos from the walks, and get new info! But it isn't a page, therefore I can't post in it (and have it go on regular newsfeed and it won't generate an audience. The whole point of starting a page would be to share about the Princeton Walk, other CF Walks I'm doing, and how family, friends, and the community can get involved. Pages are easier to work with, in that anyone can share them, invite others to them, and keep updated! So I've decided to make a page. Feel free to join the page to stay updated! If you are already in the group, feel free to stay in it or leave. I will be posting everything on the page now, and less often in the group. 

Click here to join/ "like" it!
https://www.facebook.com/CherizCFPage?ref=hl#!/CherizCFPage


Updates: Updates on Laura: She got a blood transfusion, and was released to go home on meds & oxygen. So she is still figuring out what to do and how to fight (read about Her fight here!) ,  I'm still waiting to see if I get the tuition back from school, and my Colonscopy is scheduled for Dec 13th. So waiting... I'll keep you all up to date! Oh, and I updated the "MY CF HISTORY page on my blog Read The Updated Page here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Theatre and Life...how to fit in CF?

Fitting CF into my life: Cystic Fibrosis won't be hard to fit into my schedule right now. As I just finished my job watching my babysitting kids for the year. I'm currently job hunting and taking classes on Mondays at the local community college (as a pre-req for Grad programs/and for fun). Mulan Jr, just ended today. We had two shows. Back-to-back performances are harder, since I had a busy day before the shows, I didn't get a chance to do my meds before the shows. Therefore, I end up bringing my therapy machine along.  Yep, sitting in the light booth and doing my meds, while watching people take their seats. [Note: I turned my therapy machine off when the house lights had to go out.] Its not that hard to fit them in. You just have to be willing to do them sometimes in unexpected places and be willing to have others find out about it. I had two people in the light booth with me, neither knew I had Cystic Fibrosis, but neither were bothered by the nebs. So bottom line