Skip to main content

Oh, Balance, you are tough sometimes.

Balance: It's an issue

I have a bit of a balance issue and I'm accident prone. I'd like to blame it all on my Cerebral Palsy, but that's not always the case. I get distracted easily and stuff happens. Tonight, my parents invited me over to watch Olympics with them and my sister. I had already hooked up to my stomach feeding. So I took my pump and feeding bag (with formula in it) with me. I brought the cord incase the battery got low and headed out.

I get to Mom and Dad's, walk in and Ada has laundy out. She is folding it and putting it away. I set the pump on the coffee table, and proceed to step over the laundry baskets... FAIL. I end up tripping and as I trip my stomach tube cord gets caught. It yanks &  hurts and I freaked, my first thought was stomach tube is going to yank out. So I put both hands on my stomach tube and just start to face plant.. However, my dad happens to be sitting next to where I was headed on the couch and I end up diving into him.

The whole time I'm falling with my hands holding my stomach, I said "catch me, daddy, daddy, daddy, catch me" and he did. of course. I knew he would. [note: Yes, I said "Daddy". I, apparently, while terrified reverted to my 5 yr old self]

(picture: of feeding bag and pump/cord)

Dad is always there to save the day. Its was hilarious. But to think if he hadn't been there, I could smashed my head on the coffee table, etc.

But I've notcied even though I have tons of these moments (crashing bike into cement wall, flipping bike into bush, falling up stairs, tripping over other people's feet), the silver lining is : I'm usually lucky, someone catches me and I don't end up too injured.

I really enjoyed watching Olympics though. My sister's friend even came over to watch it. We had 5 people all shouting at the TV "go, go, stick the landing, come on" It was worse than watching football!

Comments

  1. Cheriz, I enjoy reading your posts. You have a way of bringing your sense of humor into your writing.. Or I'm assuming that's what it is, because I don't know you in person and therefore, can only assume that it your sense of humor I'm picking up on.
    Anyways, I can relate to reverting back to the "inner 5 year old" when something goes amiss. My dad knows that when "daddy" comes out of my mouth that I'm either scared or upset. Honestly, I think they secretly all know that though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, yeah that's my sense of humor. Its a little weird, but most people laugh, so I guess it works :-) My dad did a lot for me growing up too. He's my superhero. Well, him and Dr. Umesh Chatrath! :-) Thanks and Glad you enjoy my blog (you just made my day)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning of the Year Troubles

Normal "beginning of the year" troubles for Andrew and I only really consist of one topic: Our Deductible [please no Obama, or government bashing] I've always had high deductibles ALL MY LIFE (no matter who was president). The problem is I hit my deductible within the first week of January. In the past I have always prepared for this and since I was still on my father's insurance (up until last year) he typically paid the bill (at least for medical stuff). And in the future Andrew & I won't have such an issue with this. We will be able to save and plan ahead for the $3,000 (for my deductible, his is another $3,000). However, this year was more difficult. We saved all 2013-2014 for our wedding & honeymoon, plus had our deductible saved too. But Real Estate was a pricey career to start, I've put almost $5,000 into it (classes, dues, licensing, exam, advertising, etc). So needless to say our deductible disappeared, thanks to my new career. Wh

5K. I could cry. Beyond Annoyed.

My 5K I paid my registartion fee weeks ago, have been training and I'm ready for the 5K. However, I didn't get to run my 5K today. Why? Because Cystic Fibrosis decided to one up me. I got my spots back friday, and they just got worse and worse. They look like this: They take over my feet, and sometimes my calves. I posted about this a few weeks ago. I had them during the last few performances of Hairspray. I call it the "Mummy disease" because when it happens my joints freeze up and I can't move. So the morning of my 5K I wake up and they are on my thighs...     and on my arms. This is the worst they have been in years. I took pictures to show Dr. B at my clinic on the 11th.  I'm just really bummed and upset about my weekend! I was supposed to run my first 5K!!!!! I then had a bags tournament in Peoria for the Dream Factory, and was then going to head to Champaign for Sat night- Monday! My friend Alex, reserved me a ticket for Ren

Exercise is VITAL to my HEALTH!

One big promise I have struggled with in past, present, and probably future is to EXERCISE! I know a lot of people struggle with the same problem, regardless is they have CF. We are too good at making excuses for ourselves. I don't have time, I don't feel good, I will start next week. I was on the right track in 2012. I was doing musicals, where I was singing or dancing every night. AND I was coming home to walk or jog almost 5x a week! I started slow and added more distance as I could. I would walk 2x a week with a friend. This is where I focused on distance & length, not speed. Then on the opposite nights, I would jog as much as I could, walk catch breath, and repeat. I had more muscle, was eating more, gaining weight, and my lung function was the highest it had ever been! 60 - 64% <--- WOW! I was single, didn't have a TV (on purpose) and kept myself accountable through my blog & friend (w CF) Laura. Since then a lot has changed. Living with another pers