Skip to main content

Determination

I'm determined more than ever now! I had CF Clinic on Tuesday. If you didn't get to see our vlog that Andrew & I made afterwards, check it out on YouTube here!

So yes, we are pretty happy about the step up in lung function and my stable weight. It doesn't mean I can slack on meds or stop trying so hard. There is no break with Cystic Fibrosis. But a good clinic gives us hope. Andrew & I hang onto every good clinic we can. Especially since lately my health has been a yo-yo, always going up & down. I'm hoping to break that cycle and continue upward.

I want to work my hardest during my nebulizer treatments. Believe it or not, even though I do them all, I get os used to them that sometimes I forget to breath them in. I put them in my mouth and start chewing the mouthpiece and breathe through my nose. I don't even realize I'm doing it. It's a horrible habit. I'm also excited it is warm out again!

That means I can start walking (and trying to jog) more often. I am preparing for my first 5k of the year on April 22nd! AND it is a 5K for Cystic Fibrosis near where I live. If you live in Central Illinois make sure to check it out! More info is on their facebook page HERE!

I'm also going to get back involved with the PiYo class in town and even start working out as much as I can.

As Dr. K said "this is only step towards 60%" -which is the ultimate goal. Also he would like me to reach 115 pounds. I am hesitant, considering how short I am, but I made a bargain to gain it. He made a good point that I can gain muscle & gain it slowly. I do agree I need to be at my healthiest!

And I haven't forgotten about those surprises I said we have to announce soon!!  Keep tuned...

 For everyone celebrating Easter, I hope it is a beautiful Easter!

Comments

  1. Hi Cheriz,

    Spring is so special to so many people and it's lovely to read how it has extra meaning for you. Congrats on the increase in lung function. I'm a big believer in celebrating health victories and I wish you many cooperative body days.

    I love to walk in this weather!

    Cheers,

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley. I always celebrate even small achievements. I always try to find the positive and I'm loving the warmer weather!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Big Update Time & what I need!

Time Flies: I've been blogging about all these separate things I have going on in my life. My lung function drop, the hospital stay, my stomach/ GI issues, the surgery, the Princeton IL CF walk, my fight with insurance for my Cayston medication/machine, and soooo much more. So here's a bit of a catch up for everyone! Let me start at the very beginning: read my CF history in this brief post here . Now let's skip ahead to the last 6 months. From September 2014 - Feb 2015 I lost 3 CF friends ( it was really tough). In September my best friend with CF (from childhood & on) passed away from CF. I wrote a post about her journey, love for life, and how she was (& is) my inspiration to fund raise (read about Laura's Journey here ). Then in October I got my G-tube taken out/ fistula fixed and removed. YAY YAY YAY! The abdominal surgery was my 15th surgery, so I recovered pretty quickly. I'm beyond thrilled to say after 15 YEARS with a G-tube and needing to u