Skip to main content

One week post hospital!

I have my follow up appointment on December 20th. Until then I'm just going to keep up with 4 sets of nebulizer treatments a day. Do my IPV machine once a day and the vest twice. Hopefully, I can start incorporating some more exercise into my daily routine.

I did get some exercise over the weekend!! Haha. This Saturday was my work/company's annual Christmas Party. Maloof throws the Emerald Ball every year and this is my 2nd year attending (since I have been a Realtor for 1 full year now)! I LOVED dancing the night away! Well, as much as my 40% lung function would let me.

Andrew and I love to dance though. We met in show choir and it may be my favorite thing to do! So I really look forward to this event all year! I wish I could of danced more, but hopefully I can get my lung function back to where it needs to be. It was nice to see I could still dance & enjoy the Ball.

It was a busy day though!!!


I spent most of Saturday (before the party) with my mom at the Richwoods Craft Fair in Peoria, IL.

My mom crochets up a storm, she posts lots of new items on her "Handmade by Peggy K" facebook page. She sells on Etsy here and in a store called Annie's Little Pots.  She usually does 2 craft shows a year. I love helping her with them because I'm so proud of her (and jealous of her talent).

Andrew and I also got a Christmas tree and decorated for Christmas! I always enjoy decorating, but this year was even more special. This was our first Christmas in our first house. Plus, we were able to get a real tree! I think it turned out decently, it makes me smile, and that is all that matters!






When I was a baby mom was afraid a real tree would aggrevate my breathing. So we had an artificial tree until I was school age. I wanted a real one so bad though. My CF Doctor said we could try it, but if I start having any problems we had to get rid of it. So we decorated our first real tree with all biodegradable ornaments: popcorn strings, cookie ornaments, etc. Mom told dad if I start getting bothered by it, he could toss it out with everything still on it that way. Luckily, I had no problems. We had a real tree ever since. I moved out of my parents house 11 years ago (geez I feel old now) and I have always lived in apartments that don't allow real trees. So Andrew and I couldn't wait to buy a real tree this year! And since we got it locally in our small town (the guy delivered it for free)!!

I have been enjoying looking at the Christmas decor during meds and until the 20th, I'm just going to keep at it and hope my lung function comes back up. I am not ready to be at 40% (a 20% decrease is not okay). Let's hope for the best and just enjoy the holiday season! Keep you all posted on how my appointment goes!

Also, check out the exciting Guest blog I did on my CF awareness Facebook page!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Exercise is VITAL to my HEALTH!

One big promise I have struggled with in past, present, and probably future is to EXERCISE! I know a lot of people struggle with the same problem, regardless is they have CF. We are too good at making excuses for ourselves. I don't have time, I don't feel good, I will start next week. I was on the right track in 2012. I was doing musicals, where I was singing or dancing every night. AND I was coming home to walk or jog almost 5x a week! I started slow and added more distance as I could. I would walk 2x a week with a friend. This is where I focused on distance & length, not speed. Then on the opposite nights, I would jog as much as I could, walk catch breath, and repeat. I had more muscle, was eating more, gaining weight, and my lung function was the highest it had ever been! 60 - 64% <--- WOW! I was single, didn't have a TV (on purpose) and kept myself accountable through my blog & friend (w CF) Laura. Since then a lot has changed. Living with another pers