Skip to main content

Checking Off My List

Good News:

A Sigh of Relief. Finally. I had my eye surgery last week and I had my post- operation follow up appointment yesterday. All is going perfect with my eyes! I've been needing this surgery done for the last year, but had to cancel twice due to my getting sick right before surgery.

I had Strabismus surgery. Basically my eyes (mostly the right eye) wonder and can't follow along together. My eyes didn't work as a pair and my left eye took over my sight. So I had depth perception problems, bad night vision, and stopped reading books about a year ago. I was so happy that Wednesday I got to follow through with the surgery!

I have one more post operation surgery appointment next month, but Doc said they look perfect! Well, technically they are still bloody (in the surgery they snip the white part/muscles and stitch them tighter), but I love my bloody eyes more than my old ones and can't wait to read the stack of books waiting for me!!!!

My checklist is finally getting accomplished:
✔ eyes surgery
✔ medical alert bracelet

Yep, that's right!!!! I ordered a medical alert bracelet. Remember about a month ago I asked for opinions? Well, a friend of mine is a KEEP collective designer & through the month of September she is donating a portion of proceeds to the Peoria CF Walk! So I decided it was the perfect opportunity to order an alert bracelet & a CURE CF Bracelet.

I absolutely love them! The bands are reversible and I can move the plates & charms on either band, so it makes a total of 8 looks out of just these 2 bands I bought! If you would like to order anything in the next week through my KEEP online Social party (and have a portion of proceed benefit the CF Foundation), go this KEEP site here!

Why a medical alert bracelet? It was important for my family & friends to feel I was safe in case of an emergency (and myself). If I wasn't deathly allergic to Morphine, I wouldn't be so worried. The last time I was given morphine I went into anaphylactic shock and almost died. I think alerting people I have CF and not to give me morphine were my two priorities. I think being able to put the engraved plate on different bands will make it work with any outfit I wear.  I'm not a huge bracelet person, but these bands adjusted to any size, so they are comfortable.

✔ CF Peoria Walk Ready

October 1st is the Peoria Walk! I'm not sure how big my team will be this year! Last year we had quite a few more people join us. I help plan the Peoria walk, so it is VERY important to me! I'm very excited about the Live Music, Photo booth, and other fun activities at the Walk! But, the best reasons to attend would be:

 1. Andrew, my husband is the Guest Speaker.
 2. It raises money for the CF Foundation, bringing us closer to CURE every single day!

Please consider joining my team that day or donate to our link:
http://fightcf.cff.org/goto/CF2Peoria


Hoping to start Orkambi this month, insurance is still dragging feet. Also, big CF Fundraiser at Rips coming up!!! Follow my CF Facebook page or twitter for more updates!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Theatre and Life...how to fit in CF?

Fitting CF into my life: Cystic Fibrosis won't be hard to fit into my schedule right now. As I just finished my job watching my babysitting kids for the year. I'm currently job hunting and taking classes on Mondays at the local community college (as a pre-req for Grad programs/and for fun). Mulan Jr, just ended today. We had two shows. Back-to-back performances are harder, since I had a busy day before the shows, I didn't get a chance to do my meds before the shows. Therefore, I end up bringing my therapy machine along.  Yep, sitting in the light booth and doing my meds, while watching people take their seats. [Note: I turned my therapy machine off when the house lights had to go out.] Its not that hard to fit them in. You just have to be willing to do them sometimes in unexpected places and be willing to have others find out about it. I had two people in the light booth with me, neither knew I had Cystic Fibrosis, but neither were bothered by the nebs. So bottom line