Skip to main content

Great News!

Doctor Appointment:

Yesterday was my 2nd follow up since I had gotten sick at Christmas. Read my 1st and 2nd post about that to catch up! As I said Doc really didn't want to put me on IVs (my numbers didn't improve after them in 2015 anyway AND I always have secondary problems from them). There are also no oral antibiotics options for me (I'm allergic to all of them). Which means when I get sick its super hard to get better. BUT, as you read in my last post, I did get a little better! We just added prednisone for a week and an extra set of nebs. I also talked about how I'm using my fitbit to challenge me to workout more, count calories (to gain weight), and keep me accountable in general.

Well, great news! It is working. Since Christmas I have gone from 103 to 107 lbs AND climbed from the 36% in lung function up to 56% (highest I have been since 2014) yesterday. Doc honestly thinks I can get back to 60%. His office just got some new equipment and he is going to start helping us run exercise tests to see what our current endurance is and help us build individual exercise regimens to help us stay active and fit. Plus, I have my Fitbit, which I rely a lot on, and hoping to get some new running shoes soon (will share more about that later). IF I keep on top of the three sets of vests, the 3 albuterals, 2 hypertonics, 1 pulmozyme, 3 cayston, AND 2 Collistin, as well as eat, workout, etc, I believe my numbers will continue to climb.

Yes, you heard me Colistin!!!! I received it in the mail FINALLY. I got it yesterday. It has a funny smell and taste, but I actually like it. So that's good. I'm sooo happy insurance figured out their mistake and fixed it finally. Only took 19 days. But it's in the past and it will only get better from here!

I know my lung function won't go up past 65% because of permanent scarring and damage, but 65% would be SO amazing for my age (with my severity of CF). I had 65% in high school, essentially I have worked my butt off for 12 years & kept my lung function stable!!!!

65% is my goal and I'm DETERMINED to reach it!! Andrew and I have goals. We want to buy a house, my career is just starting, and we are starting planning a family (read about our family planning in this post).

So many amazing things are going to happen this year that I can work had every second of my day in order to achieve them! Thank you to all my family and friends who support and motivate me. Everyone who does the Great Strides Walks with us & donates! You all keep me motivated, I LOVE my LIFE and I can succeed! Love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Updates!

 Hey everyone! Sorry it’s been a while. Covid struggles have been all around and we have been focusing our on our kiddo and current life situations (jobs, home, everything really). We have been posting regularly on the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/CherizCFPage). We will keep you updated on there for now,  because we are doing some big changes to our current blog! Stay tuned!  In meantime, message our FB page if you need anything. Keep safe and stay happy.  We will be back. Promise!