Skip to main content

Happy Dance

Yay, I'm Pretty Happy! 

You prolly (I always type prolly instead of probably, because that is how I always pronounce it) know that I had my Cystic Fibrosis Clinic today. Well, Doc B hates when I call it clinic (because its impersonal and he is proud of the fact he has a Private Practice for CF), but eh it's clinic in my mind. It's always a really long day when I have my appointment in the morning, since I have to get up at the crack of dawn to get all my morning meds done in time. I woke up at 5am and did my 4 nebulizers & vest. Shopping & lunch always follows doc appointments too... of course ;-)

Pic: So here I am getting ready. 

I was a little nervous since I was in the hospital in January and was on IVs for 3 weeks (read about my Home IVs HERE), then got sick again in February & April and back on antibiotics (oral). I had no clue how my numbers would look. I've been working hard. BUT, with my lung function around 48% in January, 40% in February, then 56% in March, and back down to 50% on my birthday (that's right Doc appt & sick on my 30th bday), I had no CLUE where I would be today.

I've been feeling a lot better, more energy, slowly walking and doing more. So I'm building my endurance back up so I can exercise more. I've been working hard at eating more & keeping on top of all my meds. I've even been doing extra when I feel cruddy or wheezy. So I was hopeful. I wanted to be back to my baseline.

AND I was... I'm back to my average 55% lung function and my weight is even back up to 103 lbs. So I want to keep that up too!!!

Doc is super impressed I'm following up with GI doc to work out my stomach/ intestinal issues. Plus, I'm calling the Rheumatologist again (from 2013) to see how my blood work looks (long story). But, I need to know since my CFRA is getting worse (or whatever it is)!

I'm very much looking forward to this weekend. I'm celebrating my (rescheduled) birthday with some close family & friends ( my party is a mini CF Walk fundraiser). Plus, I'm getting my wedding dress altered and mom & I are doing some wedding errands! I'm putting up the CF Walk flyers around town & doing some CF Walk errands too!

Busy and productive weekend, but it's gonna be a fun one! And today was amazing, not only did I spend a great day with Uncle Brian & my mom, BUT I found out on I'm on the right track healthwise. Like I said in this previous post : it's like Babysteps) and it takes time! But I can do it, if I keep focused.

Doc B talked about new clinical trials I could do too, so I'll update more about that as I get the info!

So everyone do a happy dance, because even though I still have a lot of work ahead of me, I'm heading the right direction!

Oh and HAPPY EARTH DAY
(from a past Geology Major)!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Big Update Time & what I need!

Time Flies: I've been blogging about all these separate things I have going on in my life. My lung function drop, the hospital stay, my stomach/ GI issues, the surgery, the Princeton IL CF walk, my fight with insurance for my Cayston medication/machine, and soooo much more. So here's a bit of a catch up for everyone! Let me start at the very beginning: read my CF history in this brief post here . Now let's skip ahead to the last 6 months. From September 2014 - Feb 2015 I lost 3 CF friends ( it was really tough). In September my best friend with CF (from childhood & on) passed away from CF. I wrote a post about her journey, love for life, and how she was (& is) my inspiration to fund raise (read about Laura's Journey here ). Then in October I got my G-tube taken out/ fistula fixed and removed. YAY YAY YAY! The abdominal surgery was my 15th surgery, so I recovered pretty quickly. I'm beyond thrilled to say after 15 YEARS with a G-tube and needing to u