Skip to main content

Weekend Craziness

Sorry everyone!

Wow, what a crazy weekend or week I should say! First off, I want to apologize for my blog disappearing for 3-4 days! This will never happen again. I've solved this issue (and even switched companies from where I got my domain), so hopefully this won't ever be an issue again. It was beyond scary when I clicked "view my blog" and the link wasn't working. I have never taken classes on website management (hosting, designing, etc). I'm 100% self taught. It's crazy how much you can learn on websites, YouTube, and good ol' books from the library. However, when something shows an error (like my domain expiring without my knowledge) I tend to freak out a bit. I mean this blog, as much as I love it, I have put just as much work into it. Almost 3 years of my life's rambling are on this lil blog! So whew, glad I got it all sorted out and I'm so sorry to anyone who tried view it and was confused!

So It's back for good. I promise. Okay, in regards to other "craziness" from this weekend. Some of the craziness was good, like people visiting us. The crazy part was the fact my plans completely got changed last minute. I was supposed to visit with my family this weekend, but that got messed up. Which I was bummed about at first... which is why I'm very much looking forward to Christmas and having some time to spend with family & friends! This may be the most up to date picture I have of my family! It was taken 2 years ago (before I even started dating Andrew). Think this year we are in need of an updated one? I do!

But since we were free this weekend, we had a lot of other people visit and had a lot of fun. Friday, Andrew's Mom came to visit. My Uncles visited Saturday and they delivered the mattress I purchased on Black Friday for a super good price! I sooooo excited to get a new mattress, the one had was beyond old and it was affecting my joints (arthritis problems) and my sleep. Now, thanks to them hauling my new beautiful bed here, I have slept like a baby ever since!

Sunday, I was bummed I was unable to go to the Dream Factory Party (read about in post below). However, I've had allergy type problems for the last week or so. I really don't think it is a cold, but that Christmas Party would have kids with compromised immune systems there (cancer, cf, etc). No way, would I go even with the sniffles. So bummed I missed out, but I know all the kids had an amazing time! I really hope I can go next year!

And for the rest of my week: STUDYING! That's right I may have aced my final in the first Real state Class, but I have one more final (in my 2nd class) on Thursday. Then shortly after I'm taking the IL licensing exam. So lots to study! So excited for this career to start (in Jan of 2015). My struggle with finding a career that I will love and will allow me to manage my CF has been difficult. READ about it RIGHT HERE!

Also, if you enjoy this blog and want to learn more about me, my CF, or our fundraising efforts then click here to "like" my Blog's Facebook Page. I post all the new posts on that page too, so you can keep updated!

And again sorry everyone!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Big Update Time & what I need!

Time Flies: I've been blogging about all these separate things I have going on in my life. My lung function drop, the hospital stay, my stomach/ GI issues, the surgery, the Princeton IL CF walk, my fight with insurance for my Cayston medication/machine, and soooo much more. So here's a bit of a catch up for everyone! Let me start at the very beginning: read my CF history in this brief post here . Now let's skip ahead to the last 6 months. From September 2014 - Feb 2015 I lost 3 CF friends ( it was really tough). In September my best friend with CF (from childhood & on) passed away from CF. I wrote a post about her journey, love for life, and how she was (& is) my inspiration to fund raise (read about Laura's Journey here ). Then in October I got my G-tube taken out/ fistula fixed and removed. YAY YAY YAY! The abdominal surgery was my 15th surgery, so I recovered pretty quickly. I'm beyond thrilled to say after 15 YEARS with a G-tube and needing to u