Skip to main content

It's Official & our Vacation

The Dells & Our CF Walk:


I'm sooo proud to announce that Princeton, Illinois (my hometown) will be added to the list of OFFICIAL Great Strides Walks for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation! Make sure to mark your calendars for June 27, 2014!!!!!

(for those who don't know, I decided to start this walk last year & thanks to my community it was a huge success! Read about it here!

Pic: Me giving a speech last year, wearing my Team CF2 shirt

Here's the info I have so far:
   Zearing Park, Euclid St. check in 9-10am,
  10am the Walk.
   Lunch & dessert is provided to those who registered online!
  There will be lots of Raffles ($1 per ticket), Dj/Music, games, face painting!

Make sure not to miss out on the fun! I will let everyone know when the online registration is ready!

This year since we are our own walk site, we can now sign up numerous teams! This year (2014) our Team CF2 has raised over $14,000 for CF research! The Princeton Walk alone raised over $13,300! So next year lets make our goal $20,000!

Consider starting your own team with your co-workers, family, or friends. Or you are more than welcome to be on my team (CF2). Anyone without a team is welcome to join mine. But I'd love to see multiple teams. Team Leaders can earn prizes too! So gather your family & friends to join your team and have a fun-filled day supporting a great cause!

AND FAMILY, FRIENDS, & COMMUNITY please give yourself a big round of applause, because WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!

And now more has happened...

In the past week I have lost 2 friends from Cystic Fibrosis. One was my best friend and you can read all about her struggle & journey Right Here! She fought long and hard to get new lungs, but sadly she lost her battle last week. Laura was my bestie for a long time, we have known each other since childhood. And the second was an online friend with CF I met a little over a year ago, Alyssa. I've been in touch with about 5 CFers via Facebook on a regular basis. It was so tough to see them struggle. Also this week I dropped before 100 lbs for the first time in over a year.

It's so disappointing to drop in weight, but I just have to wait for the surgery to fix my stomach tube hole. Scroll down to the next blog entry to read about my Stomach Tube Hole problems.

But the sun in all this rainstorm is that my best friend Amanda got married! They decided to get married in the Wisconsin Dells!

Pic: Amanda (Bride) with me & her cutie niece (flower girl)

Which was soo much fun! Andrew works so hard (40 hours a week) plus school on top of that. And with the week I had been having this mini-weekend getaway was perfect!  We got there Saturday around lunch time and the Wedding was that night, then we drove home around 6pm the next day! My last vacation I took was with my uncles to Niagra Falls in 2012 ( Read about it Here). Then Las Vegas with (the Bride, Amanda) which is where she first started dating Jake in 2011. Andrew said he couldn't remember his last vacation, but it would probably be the trips he took in High school to Disney. And since he had never experienced the Dells (the non-waterpark way). I wanted to him to experience it all.  So I planned out 3 meals at the best restuarants, an Orginial Ducks (boat) tour, Mini Golfs, Shopping, Visiting Popcorn and Candy shops, and more!

Here are some of the pics from the weekend!


 Breakfast at Paul Bunyan's Cook Shanty


Everything was soo pretty!

Andrew & our veiw from the Duck (on the water)
 

 One of the scenic Mini-Golfs
(Incase you didn't know Mini Golf is one of our favorite activities)

And one of our desserts!
(Apple Pie Cake studded with Cranberries)


The week has been hard with all of its Up & Downs. And I'm glad to have that mini-weekend getawat! Then when I heard about Princeton being an official GREAT STRIDES WALK Site. I couldn't believe it. Laura would have loved that and would have been sooo proud of me! I plan on donating all the money that (individually collect for donation) in "Memory of Laura Blanchard"

In the next two weeks I'll be focusing on getting the healthiest possible before my surgery! Read about it below in the next post!

 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Exercise is VITAL to my HEALTH!

One big promise I have struggled with in past, present, and probably future is to EXERCISE! I know a lot of people struggle with the same problem, regardless is they have CF. We are too good at making excuses for ourselves. I don't have time, I don't feel good, I will start next week. I was on the right track in 2012. I was doing musicals, where I was singing or dancing every night. AND I was coming home to walk or jog almost 5x a week! I started slow and added more distance as I could. I would walk 2x a week with a friend. This is where I focused on distance & length, not speed. Then on the opposite nights, I would jog as much as I could, walk catch breath, and repeat. I had more muscle, was eating more, gaining weight, and my lung function was the highest it had ever been! 60 - 64% <--- WOW! I was single, didn't have a TV (on purpose) and kept myself accountable through my blog & friend (w CF) Laura. Since then a lot has changed. Living with another pers