Skip to main content

Shake, Shake, Shake

Shaking:

I'm happy to announce I've started shaking again! That's right, my big ol' clunky vest that broke down a while ago is going away. I got my new vest delivered! I love it. It is quite a bit smaller and I can actually pick it up and move it!

Check out the difference in size on the right side! The old one on the right and new one on the left!

It came with a rolling duffel bag it can be kept in or travel with it. YAY! That's the best news. Since I live a couple hours away from my parents, I do tend to visit them at least once a month and I stay for at least a few days. When I had my old vest, it was obviously too big for me to take with me. So I'd go those days just using an acapella (which really isn't very effective for me). It may work for some, but I have found only manual CPT and the Vest work. My mom or sister will pound me if I ask (feel like I need it). But now I can just bring my vest with and be totally independent! I love being able to control my own treatments. And that's another little bonus to new vest! It's programmable! I can tell it to work at any frequency and pressure for any length of time. I have mine go 10 minutes at three levels and get more intense as it goes along.

This Vest isn't new to the market, but it is new to me. I love it. My old vest wasn't programmable and automatically didn't stop after the program is done. It had turn knobs I could change manually (and a timer that didn't work). I'd have to keep track of the amount of time. It was soo frustrating. Plus, I was limited to doing my vest in the same spot every day. Now I can take it to the computer, tv, anywhere! LOVE IT!

What I didn't love was sending the old broken one back. Yes, I wanted to get rid of it. But It weighs 45 lbs and I had to put these inserts on both sides. Then lift it up high enough to put in the box they sent.. I was like are you kidding me?!!! Luckily, I have Andrew. He did it for me. But, seriously how was I suppose to do that on my own? I mean it practically weighs half of what I do. Let's just say... That would not of happened if I didn't have someone to help.

I'm hoping between my new vest and the clinical trial I'm on, I'll see a jump or improvement in my lung function numbers! My next appointment is Sept 4th! And I'm pretty excited!

What else is new?  Well, not a lot. I still can't work. My stomach still has a hole in it, which is taking forever to heal. So I've been focusing on my patio garden and getting some wall hangings done!

My pole beans are growing up the bamboo poles pretty fast, my chives and basil are thriving like crazy too! But I'm most excited about the tomatoes! They look great, I can't wait for them to be completely ripen. Look at em!  I'm sooo proud. I have never considered myself to have a green thumb, but I'm actually doing okay at it. Not bad for my first attempt!

My other lil hobby keeping me busy is painting. I've been trying to get some art work up on the walls, so the place isn't so bare! Here is the one I did for the living room. I knew I wanted something modern with lots of color! I needed it combine the colors of the kitchen (mostly orange)with the colors in the living room (dark green & blue). I pretty happy with the way it turned out!


We'll see what happens on my Sept 4th at my next clinical trial and clinic appointment! And hopefully this stomach tube hole will heal up soon. I'd love to get back to work or doing anything really. It feel like Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc...  I'll keep you updated!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Theatre and Life...how to fit in CF?

Fitting CF into my life: Cystic Fibrosis won't be hard to fit into my schedule right now. As I just finished my job watching my babysitting kids for the year. I'm currently job hunting and taking classes on Mondays at the local community college (as a pre-req for Grad programs/and for fun). Mulan Jr, just ended today. We had two shows. Back-to-back performances are harder, since I had a busy day before the shows, I didn't get a chance to do my meds before the shows. Therefore, I end up bringing my therapy machine along.  Yep, sitting in the light booth and doing my meds, while watching people take their seats. [Note: I turned my therapy machine off when the house lights had to go out.] Its not that hard to fit them in. You just have to be willing to do them sometimes in unexpected places and be willing to have others find out about it. I had two people in the light booth with me, neither knew I had Cystic Fibrosis, but neither were bothered by the nebs. So bottom line