Skip to main content

Lung Function Results & Some Tests!

Clinic & Tests!


Yep, today was my clinic appointment and my clinical trial appointment. Both in one day, saves me from taking multiple days off from work. It still can't tell if I'm on the placebo or real med yet... But the Clinical Trial is going well! My Clinical Trial only has 3 months left and then I'm done! Which means doc will be able to change my meds then:-) I know he's planning on taking me off the 5 mg of Prednisone. And I want to be taken off advair completely and my acid reflux pills to be "when needed" instead of everyday. I've gone without Advair before for almost a month and didn't notice a difference. My old Doc at the old clinic I went to put me on it, but I never thought it did much. We'll see...We also dicussed further my getting my stomach tube out. Why do I want it out? Find out in the post Tu-Be or Not Tu-Be (haha cheesy title, I know).  AND GUESS WHAT!!! He said I'm headed the right way! I haven't used it since October!!!!! And my weight is still increasing! I'm 108 lbs!!!! WHOO HOO! 108... I haven't been that since I was in High School! Highest weight in over 10 years!

 (Note: Weight Chart is on the -side this chart represents my over the last couple years...)

I do have to get a Dexa-scan (bone density exam) done. My last one was in 2003 and he just wants to make sure my bones haven't gotten worse. Also, I'm getting tested for Diabetes again. I've been borderline for a while and haven't been tested since 2011. I've been showing a few signs that could indicate diabetes, but could just something else too. So we will have to see. I'm not really worried though. Those two tests both need to be done in the next few weeks. I might go ahead and do the Dexascan next week on a day off.  I'll keep you all updated on those results too!

I told Doc about the CF walk and invited him. I asked him if he would come and talk about the importance of the fundraising, he said he'd check. If he could he would, but he thinks that might be mini-vacation he has planned with his son... So he might not make it. But he thought it was very awesome that the Princeton Community is coming together to support CF research and really wished he could be there. But hopefully, next year!

And Lastly, the biggest nerve racking thing: LUNG FUNCTION! Yipes. As you can see from the chart...

I've struggled in the past to bring it up! However, today I did 55% and doc was happy with that. Last clinic I was 53% and I average around 50s. In October (right after IV antibiotics) it jumped to 64% then slowly went back to 50s. So since starting with Doc B, I've brought it up from the 30s and kept in the 50s! I'm not letting it go down! No Way! So excited to feel like I'm back on track finally from being sick last fall!

Hopefully this will continue another upward trend! I'm hopeful, since I've been feeling pretty good and doing all my meds! Also if you want to help keep me accountable for doing my meds. Consider donating to to the GreatStrides (Princeton CF Walk Link- Donate or Join Here!) CF Walk. Because for every $250 our walk raises, I promise to do a full week of meds :-)

Well, I guess that's all for now! Hope you are as excited about my Clinic Results as I am. They aren't the best, but they are the right direction! Just gotta keep it up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Big Update Time & what I need!

Time Flies: I've been blogging about all these separate things I have going on in my life. My lung function drop, the hospital stay, my stomach/ GI issues, the surgery, the Princeton IL CF walk, my fight with insurance for my Cayston medication/machine, and soooo much more. So here's a bit of a catch up for everyone! Let me start at the very beginning: read my CF history in this brief post here . Now let's skip ahead to the last 6 months. From September 2014 - Feb 2015 I lost 3 CF friends ( it was really tough). In September my best friend with CF (from childhood & on) passed away from CF. I wrote a post about her journey, love for life, and how she was (& is) my inspiration to fund raise (read about Laura's Journey here ). Then in October I got my G-tube taken out/ fistula fixed and removed. YAY YAY YAY! The abdominal surgery was my 15th surgery, so I recovered pretty quickly. I'm beyond thrilled to say after 15 YEARS with a G-tube and needing to u