Skip to main content

Back Work, My Clinical Trial, & the Final Countdown! (Pin #3)

Updates:

I want to take a little time to update everyone! First of all, as you know I took a medical withdrawal from school and took a medical leave from work. I've been back to work for about 2 weeks and I'm sooo glad to be back. We switched my hours from store closer (close 1am) to the opener (open 9:30am). Day shift is much more conducive to doing all my nebulizers, eating, working out, etc. Plus, we have a new store manager, who had a best friend with CF. Sadly, her friend passed away when she rejected her new lungs. But thanks to thanks to that friendship my boss understands completely and checks-ins with me to make sure I'm keeping up! Withc is nice to know she cares! She makes sure the scheduling works with my meds too!  I HAVE been doing them all. Still 100% compliant with my nebs since I started the Trial in November! so 3 months compliant with all 9 breathing treatments and all the oral pills I take too! So yay!

 As far as the medical withdrawal from school. I finally got a call about the appeal I filed for my tuition back. They called me Monday saying I will know by the end of this week. So if they don't call by Friday, I will be calling Monday morning! I want all that money back, why have a loan out, when I can get my money back and pay it off. I have enough student loans from Undergrad, I don't need anymore, thanks! As I said I'm 100% compliant with nebs since my clinical trial started in November, which means I'm halfway done with it! Only 4 more months! After the trial is over, I'm going to push to get my G-tube taken out Read about why I want it out here! My weight is still doing good and hopefully at my next clinic on the 13th I will improve in lung function too. I'm currently 50%. I tend to be low 60s- high 50s. So I need to get it back up to the 60s!!! I'm working on it, but its not improving like I want it too. With my being back to work, I have a little less time to concentrate on health, but I know it's a priority. Also, in my spare time I'm planning a CF WALK in my hometown- PRINCETON, please consider joining us: Read my last post about the CF WALKS here!  In 4 months is the CF Walk and my clinical trial ends around that time too, so I will find out around that time whether my tube gets taken out too! Gotta work hard the next four months to make sure it all turns out the way I have hoped! Okay, now for an update on Laura, she is still fighting and trying to get through the transplant evaluation, she still needs to raise a lot of money though! On the lower right hand side of my blog I have a link to her donation page if you want contribute!

I'm trying to use my time wisely to manage everything, make sure the apartment is clean, I get some real estate homework done, I can work all my hours at Family Video, and try to spend a lot of time promoting the CF Walks. I'm trying to lift weights and use the treadmill every couple days too! I feel like I'm always busy..Right now I'm not attending classes at a campus and I'm not doing any theatre, so its a little better than usual. What's it like being me? Well, a friend shared a great Article about "Spoon theory" Blog about the theory & walking in my shoes!

But I do find ways to save time. For example: My Pin-Challenge I was about to post for February is the yogurt bites that I make:

 Also I made some frozen smoothie packets too which I saw on Pinterest. Not the most attractive cookie tray, but you get the idea! I just freeze spinach for my smoothies, also I keep Kefir & milk always in the fridge. Love my Kefir smoothies! To the right is a picture of the yogurt bites, just pour yogurt into a ziploc bag and snip off one corner. Squeeze out into  lilttle bite sized bits onto the cookie sheet and freeze, I just store mine in a freezer bag. I love the variety of
flavors yoplait yogurt has available. Some of my favorites include: Blueberry, Key Lime Pg ie , Strawberry Cheesecake!

They don't shave a lot of calories, but they are sooo tasty! My boyfriend eats them more than me, just because I opt for more calories like pretzels or something.

I save time by freezing some meals ahead too. We usually make dinner that is big enough for 3-4 people, so we can re-heat the next day for dinner or lunch. I'm on the go for work now, so I can just heat up leftovers when I get home and not have to cook a whole meal, which I can be too tired to do (depending on how many hours I worked). Anyway, those are just some of my time saving tips! And hopefully, this was a better update on everything that has been happening!

 Thanks for following along, let me know if I forgot to update you on anything or have any ?s! THANKS!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Big Update Time & what I need!

Time Flies: I've been blogging about all these separate things I have going on in my life. My lung function drop, the hospital stay, my stomach/ GI issues, the surgery, the Princeton IL CF walk, my fight with insurance for my Cayston medication/machine, and soooo much more. So here's a bit of a catch up for everyone! Let me start at the very beginning: read my CF history in this brief post here . Now let's skip ahead to the last 6 months. From September 2014 - Feb 2015 I lost 3 CF friends ( it was really tough). In September my best friend with CF (from childhood & on) passed away from CF. I wrote a post about her journey, love for life, and how she was (& is) my inspiration to fund raise (read about Laura's Journey here ). Then in October I got my G-tube taken out/ fistula fixed and removed. YAY YAY YAY! The abdominal surgery was my 15th surgery, so I recovered pretty quickly. I'm beyond thrilled to say after 15 YEARS with a G-tube and needing to u