Skip to main content

Home again- Finding Motivation!

CF Climb, Get Some Motivatin Going and Figuring Out What To Do:

So this last month has been crazy, in -out- in- out of the hospital. Glad to be home finally, AGAIN! lol. I'm doing a lot better, just have to take it easy with what I eat for a week.

I'm more concered about school/effects on my health:

 I'm unsure what this will do to my classes. As of right now, my school is telling me I need to drop 2-3 of my Graduate Classes, and they want to me to go to school part time. Making my degree a 3 year instead of a 2 year program. I'm just not sure If I can give that much time to it. Which sucks, since I'm getting all A's and I love going to class and doing research!

I have goals, plans, things I want to do. Being in school for 3 more years is not part of the plan...It is just frustrating, because while I'm in school ( If I'm working too) I struggle medically. Regardless if school is part time or full time, we still have to committ 2 years of working 20 hours a week at an internship. So dropping to part time just makes it worse, adding another yr of juggling everything. So Andrew and I are going to have to have so me big discussion about what I should do.

There are options. I know I want my MSW, I'm just not sure how to juggle it, the internship (which seems impossible for me to be able to do), and my health.My lung function has been hoovering around 50% and I really want to focus on exercise, jogging, and be able to do all 4 sets of breathing treatments through the day. If I was able to do this I know I could easily get up to 61% (where I was a year ago) and if I continue I hope to get to 70% or 75% even. Andrew and I have been tossing some ideas around and hopefully it will be figured out in the next week or so. I'm also meeting with my Academic Advisor too. So we'll see.



Some exciting news though:

My boyfriend is doing the CF Climb on November 10th. He will be climbing over 58 flights of stairs in order to raise awareness and funds for CF! He has always been so supportive of me, let's support him, by helping him meet his fundriasing goal of $200! Click here to donate or join him in climbing!    

Also, side note: I have two links on the upper left hand side of my blog. 1. CF Climb 2. CF Walk. These are always linked to the closest Walk or Climb (and you can donate all year, even if the date has passed, it just adds to the end year goal amount!) Want to get involed in a walk or event next year. Click here for update list of all the events I'm attending to learn about them, join, or donate!

I've been getting really invovled with CF events and I'm really looking forward to my CF Climb event next month!

Online CF Jargon: (Cyster and Fibro - come from Cystic Fibrosis and are what CFers call their CF online friends cyster-sister and fibro- brother) I'm excited to say that my Cyster Collen, and her husband Tim will be climing too! Click here to read her blog!

I will keep everyone updated on the school, work, and health goals decision. Also, I will keep you updated about the CF Climb too!

Comments

  1. I've been thinking about you a lot! I really hope you're able to make the best decision for you and Andrew. And thanks for the blog link! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Big Update Time & what I need!

Time Flies: I've been blogging about all these separate things I have going on in my life. My lung function drop, the hospital stay, my stomach/ GI issues, the surgery, the Princeton IL CF walk, my fight with insurance for my Cayston medication/machine, and soooo much more. So here's a bit of a catch up for everyone! Let me start at the very beginning: read my CF history in this brief post here . Now let's skip ahead to the last 6 months. From September 2014 - Feb 2015 I lost 3 CF friends ( it was really tough). In September my best friend with CF (from childhood & on) passed away from CF. I wrote a post about her journey, love for life, and how she was (& is) my inspiration to fund raise (read about Laura's Journey here ). Then in October I got my G-tube taken out/ fistula fixed and removed. YAY YAY YAY! The abdominal surgery was my 15th surgery, so I recovered pretty quickly. I'm beyond thrilled to say after 15 YEARS with a G-tube and needing to u