Skip to main content

If you are walking at CF Walk, read this please!

Thank you first of all!

Now a note from the Organizer of the Walk:

Hollowayville Great Strides

Saturday, June 1st
Thank you for adding tomorrows and walking with us on Saturday! Please review this information!

Location: United Church of Christ, 214 E Peru Street, Hollowayville, IL

Registration starts at 8:30am (please be there by 9am, even if already registered, you must sign in).

Walk kicks off at 10:00am

Lunch will be served at 11:00am

Be Prepared - Great Strides will take place RAIN or SHINE! Please check the forecast before leaving home and dress appropriately.

Emergency contact information: Amy Kozyra, (773) 507-2149


We need your help to reach our site goal of $8,000!

Raised to date = $4,137   (our CF2 Team is $,2165 of that)

You can reach your goal with these last minute fundraising tips!
1. Make a self donation. Your success starts with you!

2. Email your online letter out to all of your contacts – for one last fundraising push before the walk!

3. Imagine how much your team could raise if each of your walkers raised the minimum of $100 to receive the GREAT STRIDES t-shirt! Ask four people to donate $25 to reach that goal!


ok guys,
I'm sooo excited, thank you so much. Bring whoever with, people can register at the walk and just make a donation of any amount (really $5, $10, etc). Our Team colors are purple, white, and gray, but wear whatever! There are 3 teams total and there will be around 80 people total. We have a team of 25 and have raised $2,165! If we all reach our goals though, we will just under $4,000! So lets try to make $3,500 happen! :-) Then we have contributed almost one half of the Walk Site's Goal! We can do this! Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow (rain or shine)! Love you all! text or call me with ?s.
Love,
Cheriz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Clinical Trial Mess

A Clinical Trial Mess: Monday, I had an appointment for a clinical trial evaluation. Let me start out by saying, I always get  amazing care at my doctors...HOWEVER, this evaluation was done by a third party brought in to handle the research. The research nurse was a flibberty jibbet. She was nice, but kept just re-organizing her supplies, like she didn't know what to do. She seemed nervous. She mentioned she usually had another nurse with her. She took my weight, height, urine test, pre-med spirometry test (PFT-pulmonary function test) Next she decided to draw the blood, while waiting for the pft results to print. She got out the supplies and the sterile paper that she places it all on. She dropped te paper on the floor and proceeded to place the packaged needles and supplies on it.... So in my head I tell myself "Okay...( inhale control exhale my germfreak...) it's okay, it won't kill me..it only touches the bottom of my arm, not the actual place that she is dra

Laura/Lara- two amazing gals

Laura and Lara Today, was a pretty normal day. Work, Meds, Jog, Blog. Instead of jogging, we walked 2.5 miles. (which I recorded in my spreadsheet and I will be doing data analysis later using all the variables I can come up with...) But here is the more EXCITING part of my day: I was asked a week ago to be a guestblogger for  Lara's Blog . She is climbing  Mt. Kilimanjaro to raise awareness & funds for CF in memory of her best friend Emma! I hope everyone goes to her blog and wishes her good luck! She posted my introduction and guestblog today!!! So check it out  Right HERE! Lara, Thank you for your hard work and dedication to helping find a cure for CF! AND then there is Laura ( a different Laura), she is my best friend. Laura has CF too (we met when we were really young)!!! I know she has been going through a tough time. But she is the one who got me invovled in CF awareness! My first CF fundriaser was in 2008 at a CF Walk that Laura told me I should do... and I hav

Cystic Fibrosis= a lot of recycling

CF and Recycling: I never realized how much I recycled until I moved to a town where I don't receive curb-side pick up. Instead we fill up our trunks and drive it 20 mins to a neighboring town's recycling center. Also, my pharmacy is in this town, just a few blocks away.  It's meant to be.... I've always recycled a lot and have been earth friendly. I have convinced quite a few others into being "recyclers" too. Most of my college roommates and friends learned early on it was easier to break down the  boxes, rinse out the cans, and recycle, rather than here my 20 minute "soapbox" talks every time I found a recyclable product in the trash. Just ask them...lol So I've heard people discuss the fact my recycling container in the kitchen is your average 13 gallon can, whereas my trash in the kitchen is small (like a bathroom or an "under the desk" size can) is beyond weird looking. They may look funny next to each other. But th