Skip to main content

Birthdays and the talk about Relationships

Birthday :

Today is my boyfriend's birthday!!!!! I hope it is a great day for him, he deserves it! I know a lot of times CFers discuss the problems CF can create in relationships. It can cause stress and take a lot of time away from the free time to go to the movies or out to eat (or whatever). In the past, I've had relationships where I tried to hide my CF or put in on the "back burner" I'd tend to lose weight and my lung function takes a hit too. In the last relationship I was in dropped really low in weight and my lung function dropped to the 30s. With Andrew this isn't the case, its actually quite the opposite!

How Andrew can be consider the "ideal" boyfriend for someone with Cystic Fibrosis (basically a list of everything he does for me and things I'm thankful for!
 
The List: 
  • He went to culinary school and cooks me yummy high calorie food 
  • He makes my meds and stomach feeding for me at night if I'm tired or busy
  • He calls us a Tag Team and says its part of his job to help me do my meds, even though I think he shouldn't have to deal with it, he just repeats that we are a team and we do things together.
  • He reminds me of my goals and we keep each other on track.
  • I can tell him anything I'm thinking.
  • He does Manual Chest Percussion Therapy (CPT) on me if I need it
  • He always is looking out for me
  • He reminds me even when CF is frustrating me of all the positives in my life. 
  • He cares enough to tell me when I'm running around to much and reminds me I will get sick
  • He has taken me to ER a couple times already and has stayed with me in the hospital
  • He sang me songs and played guitar for me while I was in the hospital
  • I always know he cares and is there for me
  • Basically he makes sure I have what I need in order to stay healthy, but he also knows how make me smile and laugh too!
Andrew has already had to deal with a lot in the past 6 months: I've been sick some, a lot more recently and it was pretty bad when I went into the hospital, arthritis flare ups, seizures, and had to hear about insurance complaints, seen a friend go through a lung transplant, and many more things. Yet he doesn't complain and just says he doesn't mind, that it doesn't bother him. That he loves me and if he has to deal with medical stuff and other issues, then that's just part of it.  He also reminds me how my CF has me a stronger individual and helps me to focus on the positives CF has done for me over the years!

So Thank you to my Wonderful Boyfriend Andrew! Happy Birthday, I love you. Hope today is everything you would want it to be! :-)

-Cfers don't hide your CF or try to keep your boyfriend separate from it. I didn't think I'd find someone who can balance the medical with everyday aspect of relationships. Don't settle for relationships that take away from your medical care. You can have both and still have a wonderful, fulfilling relationship that makes you happy and healthy!

Comments

  1. Two lucky people - I'm happy for both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Updates!

 Hey everyone! Sorry it’s been a while. Covid struggles have been all around and we have been focusing our on our kiddo and current life situations (jobs, home, everything really). We have been posting regularly on the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/CherizCFPage). We will keep you updated on there for now,  because we are doing some big changes to our current blog! Stay tuned!  In meantime, message our FB page if you need anything. Keep safe and stay happy.  We will be back. Promise! 

End of Summer -Updates!

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year since we moved our blog to www.MoreThanDNA.org! A lot has happened in that year. My husband and I became Foster Parents to some amazing kiddos and still have one of those kiddos living with us. We have loved having "Shoes" with us and can't believe how much he has grown and learned in the year!I'm so proud of him! We have court next week, so prayers that it goes okay (and doesn't get continued again- that just drags it out longer for the kids). He is now 39 months old and starting Pre-K this month! Other big changes include: Some renovation to our home (complete Bath rehab & updated plumbing throughout), I started a new gene-targeting medication (symdeko) that is helping to keep me stable these last 3 months, and I got an AffloVest! I'm loving my new portable vest! Also, career wise...we both switched jobs! Andrew also started Seminary this summer to get a Masters Degree in Divinity. He has always wanted to be

Petechiae fading, Wow Week!

Yep, Roller Coaster Week: Overall, the week had been great. I've been having lots of positive things happening lately and I was even home last weekend for my birthday ( Read about my FABULOUS Birthday HERE) . Andrew did a lot of planning  for my birthday, I had clinical trial Thurs, which went fairly decent. Lots of good things had been happening and then bam, saw those spots. Well... Whew, thank goodness those spots faded a lot over the weekend! I was really worried about those petehciae. A lot of it had to do with the memories of my mom being really sick in the past. ( Read about why I was worried HERE)  So Saturday, Andrew and I drove to the hospital to get the blood work. Doc understood I had a wedding I really wanted to attend, so he rushed the results. So here Andrew and I were sitting in the car waiting for the call from Doc. Doc was going to tell me if I was Anemic, or if anything else concerning showed up. If so, I'd miss the wedding and have to come see doc. But