Skip to main content

Doing All My Meds, say Wha?? :-)

On Track:

I've done all my meds since last Saturday! Wow, a full week!!! Which means I have finished my 5th FULL week! I'm participating in a CF fundraising Walk and my I promised everyone that for each $100 raised I will do a full week of meds! So far we have raised $645 (online) so I have another full week of skipping NOTHING to go! I will count cash/checks when they are turned in (either before or at walk).

I'm going to add that for every 5 new walkers registered I will do a full week as well! So join the walk and get four family or friends to join us too and I will do another full week!

We currently have 20 members, so anyone who joins starting now will be counted!

I know, I know, "you should do all your meds anyway..."  I try. But it is hard to stick to it. Late at night when I'm tired after play practice I want to just fall asleep. I don't want to stay up another hour to do meds. But knowing my family and friends have been actively getting people to join or raising money, reminds me how much everyone cares and reminding me why I do them in the first place!

Doing all my meds, man, I'm hoping to keep this up and stay on track!

I'd love to start jogging more. I haven't had much time. Now, I'm back to work, school, still in the play, and don't have a lot of spare time and when I do... I sleep. Sleep=good. Being back doing everything has been wearing me out a bit, but I LOVE being back and eventually I will get used to it!
And the play and school ends soon, so this summer I should have lots more time!

Very much looking forward to summer! And hoping my Clinic next month shows some increase in my numbers (since I'm doing sooo many meds, etc)!!! It should pay off! :-)

To join or donate to my Team (and help add another full week of meds) click HERE!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Theatre and Life...how to fit in CF?

Fitting CF into my life: Cystic Fibrosis won't be hard to fit into my schedule right now. As I just finished my job watching my babysitting kids for the year. I'm currently job hunting and taking classes on Mondays at the local community college (as a pre-req for Grad programs/and for fun). Mulan Jr, just ended today. We had two shows. Back-to-back performances are harder, since I had a busy day before the shows, I didn't get a chance to do my meds before the shows. Therefore, I end up bringing my therapy machine along.  Yep, sitting in the light booth and doing my meds, while watching people take their seats. [Note: I turned my therapy machine off when the house lights had to go out.] Its not that hard to fit them in. You just have to be willing to do them sometimes in unexpected places and be willing to have others find out about it. I had two people in the light booth with me, neither knew I had Cystic Fibrosis, but neither were bothered by the nebs. So bottom line