Skip to main content

No IVs for me!

No IVs for me, thanks!

First off, Let's clap, BECAUSE it has been 2.5 years since I have needed antibiotics, oral or IV (other than my bi-weekly dose of zithromax). Literally, I have not been ill enough to see my doctor in 2.5 YEARS! That's amazing. I used to get really sick every couple months, but thank goodness, that hasn't been the case. Although I have been working my butt off these past two years to get healthier, guess it is working.

BUT...
I was really nervous Dr. B would throw me in the hospital because I've beeen sick for a week and lost quite a bit of weight. However, he is having me take Cipro instead! I'm taking the usual (for me that is) 1,500 mg daily for two weeks! If I'm not feeling better & eating better by Saturday, he is going to add prednisone;Which I have never taken before. My mother was on an extremely large dose after she went through Chemo for a while and seeing the side effects kinda freaked me out a bit, but my dose will be small. And I trust Dr. B will mske great choices, other CFers have discussed prednisone before online, but my old doctor never brought it up. Not sure why.

Anyway, I'm hoping I will feel better by Saturday and not have to add that to the already 20 some pills and 10 nebulizers ( and he wants me to to do 3-4 more a day, so 13-14 nebs) that I do each day. At least I'm done with Cayston and I'm on Tobi now.

Note: I do Cayston one month and Tobi one month. I alternate them, but Cayston is 3 times a day and requires a different neb machine. Its quicker to do the neb, but the cleaning and 3 x a day routine makes it harder to fit them in. With Tobi, I can do it before school and after I come home from whatever I'm doing. Which means I only have to take albuteral and hypertonic saline and that machine with me during the day, no traveling  refrigeration needed.

Since I haven't felt good lately, I have been slacking on cleaning, and I'm a VERY organized (neat freak if you will) person. My beds haven't been made in a week, my dirty clothes keeping piling up in my basket, and I haven't vaccumed, dusted, swept, ugh.  I want to get this done this week, so I can finish decorating for Christmas!

I have a TREE this year. Since I rent my duplex I wasn't sure if I could bring in a real one, so I bought a fake one last year on clearance! I'm sooo excited to put it up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec...

Beginning of the Year Troubles

Normal "beginning of the year" troubles for Andrew and I only really consist of one topic: Our Deductible [please no Obama, or government bashing] I've always had high deductibles ALL MY LIFE (no matter who was president). The problem is I hit my deductible within the first week of January. In the past I have always prepared for this and since I was still on my father's insurance (up until last year) he typically paid the bill (at least for medical stuff). And in the future Andrew & I won't have such an issue with this. We will be able to save and plan ahead for the $3,000 (for my deductible, his is another $3,000). However, this year was more difficult. We saved all 2013-2014 for our wedding & honeymoon, plus had our deductible saved too. But Real Estate was a pricey career to start, I've put almost $5,000 into it (classes, dues, licensing, exam, advertising, etc). So needless to say our deductible disappeared, thanks to my new career. Wh...

The Stork Came!

It finally happened!!! The Stork came to our house!! We had 3 kids placed with us (on August 4th) Friday afternoon. Luckily, Andrew was able to take off Friday-Monday (Aug 4th-7th) to be home as we all adjust the first few days. He then worked 8th-12th, but we needed him back home more until the kiddos started school. So took a full second week off, because it was really rough ! Big thanks to Culvers & Phil for allowing us time we needed. I love having kids in the house, but it's a lot of appointments for these kiddos at first. . For privacy reasons, I will never use their names or post pictures of them.  I have made fake names for these posts. When they called I was a little nervous to take 3 kids at once, especially since I have Cystic Fibrosis. We had agreed on only 2 originally. But, the lady explained the 3 of them really needed somewhere. Most foster parent's don't take sibling groups and it is really rare to find one that will take three, so our hearts wanted to ...