Skip to main content

Most Unproductive Day or .Most Productive Day...


My unproductive/productive day: depending how you look at it!

Sure, I didn't run errands, or even make my bed today. I sat around and watched a marathon of movies all day with friends. And when I say all day, I mean 8:30-9pm... But it was a blast! I got there a lil late, because of a breakfast date with a friend. We decided to watch all three Lord of the Ring Movies and then go see Wreck It Ralph in the theatre. By the way, Wreck It Ralph is flippin' adorable and I loved it!

I may not have cleaned, cooked, grocery shopped, worked, had class, or did anything remotely productive; however, I did do my meds. Yep, I brought all my machines (well not the Vest, it’s too big and heavy). I did two albuterols, 2 hypertonic sols, and two Caystons. Now, while blogging I am doing what I have left for the day, albuterol, pulmozyme and last cayston.

It was nice to do all my meds. I didn't do many on Saturday or Sunday, since I was gone all day on Saturday. I came home on Sunday and I had a baby shower, followed by work. I did a few after work. But I can really tell a difference when I skip.

Which is interesting...When my lung function was way lower in 2010 I didn't notice the difference when I skipped meds. Now that I'm at 61% not even doing one batch of meds in the morning can make it harder for me to breathe. I guess my breathing has gotten so much better, that now I can notice smaller declines. It drives me nuts being able to feel the difference. However, it keeps me accountable (so between that and my friends, my blog, and own personal will power, I have been doing sooo many more).

I hope it makes a difference at Clinic. I'm always terrified that at Clinic my number won't represent the hard work and that I will remain at the same lung function. That would be horrible! Then wait a whole 3 more months to see if it is still the same... I know at some point I will reach the highest amount of function I can have, due to the damage that is already done. But I'm thinking and hoping it’s in the high 70s, if not 80s. So fingers crossed for 63% on Saturday!

Comments

  1. It's interesting that you can have your clinic appointments on a weekend, I'd love that! My doctor is only available one or two days a month and is usually booked for a couple months. Good luck this weekend, can't wait to hear the results! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome day. Sometimes the days when you just stop and hang out with friends count more than getting all of the chores done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Colleen, I love it! He has a Private Practice for Respiratory Care, specializing in Cystic Fibrosis and Asthma Patients. Since he decided to start his private practice, he is available all the time. I can go any Tues, Thurs, or Friday. He schedules Cfers with asthma patients in between. On wednesday, he has all asthma patients and his one patient with Cepacia B, so I can't go on Wednesdays. But he knows CFers can't skip work/school all the time, so he has CF Saturday once a month. from 8am-2pm. Love it!

    Kym: I know, its kinda like when we were younger and would spend entire days playing, but would always save time for doing my nebs. :-) Besides chores can wait for amazing days with friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Exercise is VITAL to my HEALTH!

One big promise I have struggled with in past, present, and probably future is to EXERCISE! I know a lot of people struggle with the same problem, regardless is they have CF. We are too good at making excuses for ourselves. I don't have time, I don't feel good, I will start next week. I was on the right track in 2012. I was doing musicals, where I was singing or dancing every night. AND I was coming home to walk or jog almost 5x a week! I started slow and added more distance as I could. I would walk 2x a week with a friend. This is where I focused on distance & length, not speed. Then on the opposite nights, I would jog as much as I could, walk catch breath, and repeat. I had more muscle, was eating more, gaining weight, and my lung function was the highest it had ever been! 60 - 64% <--- WOW! I was single, didn't have a TV (on purpose) and kept myself accountable through my blog & friend (w CF) Laura. Since then a lot has changed. Living with another pers