Skip to main content

My CF Walk (raised $1,000+) Love My Team!

Thank you to everyone!

I had a very busy weekend, I worked a wedding rehearsal dinner and a wedding; Also our GreatStrides Fundraising Team went to the CF walk on Saturday morning!

Thank you to everyone who came and walked, fundraised, and donated to help our team reach our goal! Our Goal was $1,000 and we raised over that amount! We were soooo thrilled to reach our goal. (the final amount and our Team Photo will be posted later)

[the pic to the right is me and my cousin Haley, she is 10yrs old and made us matching necklaces!]

It was a great walk along the riverfront and afterwards we went up to the top of the observatory tower! What gorgeous veiws!

I've decided to do two CF walks a year, the main one (Peoria) which is in October, and the Champaign Walk in April. The one in Champaign I won't fundraise as much and will just have a few friends from the area join me. However, I want to keep focusing on the Peoria Walk. Each year I hope to have more people and raise more money!

I decided to be organized about it and I made a facebook group for anyone who would be interested in walking with my team! I have designs for T-shirts next year and I uploaded some Tips, sample fundraising letters, etc on the Facebook group to help my team members! Hopefully, it helps make fundraising a little easier.

I was really impressed by the number of people I had come and how much we raised for my first year with an ogranized team!

Overall, this was my 4th Walk, 2nd in Peoria, and first time walking with more than a couple friends!

So Thank You Team CF2 (CF squared: "Courageously Fighting Cystic Fibrosis") I'm very much looking forward to next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Theatre and Life...how to fit in CF?

Fitting CF into my life: Cystic Fibrosis won't be hard to fit into my schedule right now. As I just finished my job watching my babysitting kids for the year. I'm currently job hunting and taking classes on Mondays at the local community college (as a pre-req for Grad programs/and for fun). Mulan Jr, just ended today. We had two shows. Back-to-back performances are harder, since I had a busy day before the shows, I didn't get a chance to do my meds before the shows. Therefore, I end up bringing my therapy machine along.  Yep, sitting in the light booth and doing my meds, while watching people take their seats. [Note: I turned my therapy machine off when the house lights had to go out.] Its not that hard to fit them in. You just have to be willing to do them sometimes in unexpected places and be willing to have others find out about it. I had two people in the light booth with me, neither knew I had Cystic Fibrosis, but neither were bothered by the nebs. So bottom line