Skip to main content

Planning ahead (yay, for being organized).

Organization: it is a great thing!

I'm doing another CF Walk in October! It's on the 6th at 9am. Why am I posting this now? In the past I wasn't organized. I would end up asking a couple friends to walk it with me. I didn't fundraise much, but I want that to change! I've had people tell me they would have walked if they knew about it.

I'm blogging now, being more active on CF communities online, and there is no reason why I shouldn't invite others to do the walk. Everyone knows I have CF, why did I never invite more people?? No clue.

So here I am inviting everyone to come and walk with my team!

Here is the link the Facebook Event: Cheriz's CF walk FB event

Also a link directly to my GreatStrides Walk page is on the upper lefthand side of the blog!

I want to start to be more active in fundraising walks (along with 5ks).

I'm planning on doing 2-3 CF walks a yr, and the ALS/PLS Walk every year!

If you want to cheer me on at my first 5k it's in Tiskilwa, IL on August 4th! More info posted will posted later!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Updates!

 Hey everyone! Sorry it’s been a while. Covid struggles have been all around and we have been focusing our on our kiddo and current life situations (jobs, home, everything really). We have been posting regularly on the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/CherizCFPage). We will keep you updated on there for now,  because we are doing some big changes to our current blog! Stay tuned!  In meantime, message our FB page if you need anything. Keep safe and stay happy.  We will be back. Promise! 

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment