Skip to main content

My 2am jogs.

The other night's (technically morning) 2am jog.

I got home from a Cast Party last Saturday night pretty late, but still had lots of energy. I decided to jog. In Feb. my Doc. told me I should start jogging or cycling. I've always been envious of those who could run. I always wanted to be a runner. When I was younger it was hard to know my limits. Now, if I'm jogging I know if I can push more or need to stop.

I  started just walking a mile, then 2, then 2.5, then 3. I walked 4 nights a week from Feb-beginning of April. Then in April I would speed walk and put bits of jogging in here and there. In May, I started running a mile a couple nights a week and walking the other nights. In June, I started to jog/ walk 2 miles four times a week. And finally last week I started walking/ jogging the full 3.1 miles (5K).

at 2am on Sunday I jogged (& walked for a few seconds, when tired) a 33 minute and 12 second 5K. I still think my route may be off a bit. But that is only because I can't believe I did it that fast. I'm not going to be able to jog tonight, since I'm babysitting tomorrow morning at 5am. But Tuesday night, I'm trying it again!

I hope I do the same and it wasn't a fluke of some sort.

My legs hurt 2 miles into it really bad (It takes tons of stretching for me, because of my cerebral palsey, etc) but I knew I only had one mile left and I wanted a good ending time. I'm very competitive, so I'm using my Uncle's 5K time as a goal. I want to keep up with him in November during the Turkey Trot. We'll see.

When I get done, my lungs are on fire and I cough tons, I'm sure the whole neighborhood can hear me (panting like dog while running and coughing afterwards). But most people in town, know I have CF so it's no big deal.

I'll keep you posted on my Wednesday 2 am Jog time too! I'm sooo excited to see if I improve at all before August 4th (my first official 5K run)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Updates!

 Hey everyone! Sorry it’s been a while. Covid struggles have been all around and we have been focusing our on our kiddo and current life situations (jobs, home, everything really). We have been posting regularly on the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/CherizCFPage). We will keep you updated on there for now,  because we are doing some big changes to our current blog! Stay tuned!  In meantime, message our FB page if you need anything. Keep safe and stay happy.  We will be back. Promise! 

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment