Skip to main content

Loved my Weekend with Dan!

Weekend with Dan!

This weekend was my friend Spencer's Wedding. Which is in the town next to where my friend Dan lives. So I drove there Friday and stayed with Dan this weekend!

I had a lot of fun! I always do when I'm hanging out with Dan! Even though we were pretty busy and had lots of fun, I still made time for my meds and even got a jog in! The street he lives on has a ton of historic homes and I loved looking at them, and even ended taking some pictures!

The wedding was really fun too! Spencer and Kayla came out into the reception hall singing to each other, pretty darn cute! It was nice seeing everyone! Dan and I got to swing dance quite a bit too! I had a great weekend last weekend and I know next weekend will be just as eventful!

Next weekend is my first 5K, then I'm driving to Peoria to attend a Bags Tournament that Dream Factory is hosting, I'll help out there, then head to Champaign-Urbana! My friend Alex is musical director for Rent! So I'm going to that and hanging out with my old roomie, Stacey, before she moves to Kansas City! I'm also going to stop on my way home at my friend Sarah's!

Busy,Busy, Busy. But fun,fun,fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec...

Beginning of the Year Troubles

Normal "beginning of the year" troubles for Andrew and I only really consist of one topic: Our Deductible [please no Obama, or government bashing] I've always had high deductibles ALL MY LIFE (no matter who was president). The problem is I hit my deductible within the first week of January. In the past I have always prepared for this and since I was still on my father's insurance (up until last year) he typically paid the bill (at least for medical stuff). And in the future Andrew & I won't have such an issue with this. We will be able to save and plan ahead for the $3,000 (for my deductible, his is another $3,000). However, this year was more difficult. We saved all 2013-2014 for our wedding & honeymoon, plus had our deductible saved too. But Real Estate was a pricey career to start, I've put almost $5,000 into it (classes, dues, licensing, exam, advertising, etc). So needless to say our deductible disappeared, thanks to my new career. Wh...

The Proposal

Not the movie...but: That's right. We are engaged! I haven't posted in the last 6 days on purpose. We wanted to inform our family and a few friends before I share with the whole world (or whoever reads this blog...Lol). And since I share everything with you, I'm going to share with you Andrew's proposal ( which was absolutely perfect for us). We had been discussing marriage, buying a house, etc for over a year. We had even discussed engagements, rings, and proposals way back in Feb of this year. He knew my ring size and my thoughts on proposals. I think they should be thoughtful and geniune. That pretty much sums it up. Simple, sweet, and not too expensive. Picture on right: Selfie just after we got engaged! So months went by since our marriage discussion and then last Tuesday Dec 23rd Andrew proposed. Let me start at the beginning.  Monday Dec 22nd my friend, Stacey, came to visit for the night. Andrew said Stacey and I should get our nails done, you know a g...