Skip to main content

Carpooling, Casts, and Chaos!

Wow, what a night, what a cast!

Today was interesting! We walked in the parade and advertised for Hairspray! My uncles brought the music/sound system and we jammed out to "You Can't Stop the Beat!" I enjoy parades, expecially performing in them. I have been a mermaid, a game show contestant, and a 70's Disco Dancer (in the Riverfest Parade) and a Christmas Mouse, elf, etc (in the Princeton Christmas Parade). I love parades!

However, the rest of my day wasn't so LOVELY!

Lately, I have been talking about my stomach tube, but it just has been bothering me a lot (like hurting). And tonight during our rehearsal warm-ups, It felt weird all of the sound and I realized it was leaking a lot. Uh Oh! I run back and realize the balloon of it had collapsed. This happens once in a blue moon, like 3 times to me (that I'm aware of). Usually they slowly deflate. Nope. Tonight my button (stomach tube type name) collapsed! It is held in by a balloon inside my stomach. The ballon also keeps it from leaking (sealing the area around the tube). So if the balloon pops...yipes.

Needless to say, by the time I saw what was happening it had soaked through gauze, bandaids and my tank top!

I immediately ask people to find me gauze. One person had some in their car (but it was thin, I needed thick Gauze pads). So another girl in the cast helped me find a first aid kit and helpd me tape up some gauze...

But before long it soaked through it too! UGH!

I realized to keep it from leaking onto my costumes I couldn't drink anything tonight. AND I'd have to change the gauze tape out every 20 mins!

I was so thankful that people jumped in to help when they saw what was going on! And especially my carpool.  One of them drove me to a Walgreens during intermission to get more gauze, and they kept checking in on me. By the time rehearsal ended my skin was pretty sore from all the tape and leaking stomach acid, etc. So I just slept the whole car ride back to the carpool destination. Which is when we all realized I was the driver from that point on.. I was still waking up and pretty uncomfotable; but, I would have drove. However, one of my carpool buddies offered to drive my car (which gave me time to wake up). He drove until we reached the house where I split off from carpooling and drive the rest of the way to my town/ house!

So here I am sitting, typing about my day, doing my therapies. Since my tube is messed up I don't have to make my feeding tonight (It will be nice not to make it, since I'm tired)! But tomorrow, being behind all those calories....hmmmm... thank goodness for adrenaline that comes with performing! :-)

Love Hairspay, but even better than the play itself and the music, is the awesome cast! :-) My carpool and cast really helped me out tonight admist my crazy chaos of a life that I'd call "CF spicing it up: no dull times, here!"


Comments

  1. So what exactly does it mean when your stomach tube balloon deflates? Are you looking at surgery to repair it or is there any easy way to re-inflate it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't have to have surgery. I just put the new one in myself. Its taking the old one out that I hate (My roommate Stacey, used to cheer me on). I don't have an extra right now in my med supplies. So I have to wait for it to come in the mail. I'm going to see if it had a leak in the balloon and if I can just re-inflate it over and over...LOL No worries :-) Life is still good. [Although, I'm STARVING today..lol (lack of night feeding).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Updates!

 Hey everyone! Sorry it’s been a while. Covid struggles have been all around and we have been focusing our on our kiddo and current life situations (jobs, home, everything really). We have been posting regularly on the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/CherizCFPage). We will keep you updated on there for now,  because we are doing some big changes to our current blog! Stay tuned!  In meantime, message our FB page if you need anything. Keep safe and stay happy.  We will be back. Promise! 

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment