Skip to main content

Going into 2018

The last quarter 2017 ended a little chaotic. We ended up saying goodbye to two of our foster kiddos in November (we had them for a few months). I was hospitalized. Andrew put in more hours a work. And while we love visiting our family on Christmas.

Although I REALLY enjoyed having Santa visit our home for the first time and even more I LOVED spoiling our little guy (I call him "Shoes" on here). He loved our tree and every time we turned it on, he'd say "oooh pretty."  New Year's Eve we enjoyed celebrating with playing board games and pigging out with a couple friends.

Every New Year's I make crazy resolutions that I can not keep. How about you? Do you promise yourself the same things every year.  For example... I always would say I'm going to have 100% compliance with medications. Which would be amazing and is something I strive to do all the time. But, realistically with 10 breathing nebs a day and 20+ pills a day..it doesn't always happen. By making it my resolution I always get upset when I don't make it farther. I could say "I will work out X amount of times per week" or "I will reach my goal weight"... BUT.. stuff happens. I can get sick and end up on IVs, setting me all the way back to my beginning weight/goal.  Will I still try to do these things? YES! Of course. I always want to be my healthiest and will continue to try to reach and stay there. However, life happens.

So what will I say this New Year's? I say:

I promise to try my hardest to stay on top of meds, weight, and pay as much of our college debt off as possible. I will continue to be the best mom I can be to our FosterSon( FS) and any other kiddos we get in the near future. I promise to try to keep in better communication with friends, and keep on top of my Cystic Fibrosis Advocating. That of course, includes this blog! I have a lot of plans and hopes for this blog! I'd love to spend more time working on it. I'm hoping 2018 brings more time to work on our blog, hobbies, and maybe even a vacation! Although, I'd trade all that in if I could find a cure for CF (I know one of these year's it will happen).

What do you hope 2018 brings you? What are your thoughts on New Year's Resolutions? Yay or Nay?

Comments

  1. One thing to keep in mind New Year's Resolutions do not count on the weekends. I heard that someplace. Now as for me I don't make resolutions because I know I'm not going to keep them. Now as far as skipping breakfast. If don't have time to make breakfast. Have a breakfast drink or bar. But don't go without having something especially as busy as you are even if it is just a banana or peanut butter and crackers. Now don't know how you are paying off college debt. But I see they have repayment plans based on income. Not what the debt actually is. https:/studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/understand/plans/graduated. They show four different plans. Of course maybe you are all ready doing it that way. You probably know all this anyway. Now lastly pace yourself. Don't rush to get things done. If your running behind don't worry about it people will just have to wait. Because if there is one thing I never do that is worry. And I do thing at my own speed. So eat something anything for breakfast, pace yourself, don't wear yourself out, don't overthink things, always look on the bright side. Because everything is always bright if you keep your eyes open to all that is possible. And set aside a little time for yourself no distractions.
    May you find peace, love and joy in all you do

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Big Update Time & what I need!

Time Flies: I've been blogging about all these separate things I have going on in my life. My lung function drop, the hospital stay, my stomach/ GI issues, the surgery, the Princeton IL CF walk, my fight with insurance for my Cayston medication/machine, and soooo much more. So here's a bit of a catch up for everyone! Let me start at the very beginning: read my CF history in this brief post here . Now let's skip ahead to the last 6 months. From September 2014 - Feb 2015 I lost 3 CF friends ( it was really tough). In September my best friend with CF (from childhood & on) passed away from CF. I wrote a post about her journey, love for life, and how she was (& is) my inspiration to fund raise (read about Laura's Journey here ). Then in October I got my G-tube taken out/ fistula fixed and removed. YAY YAY YAY! The abdominal surgery was my 15th surgery, so I recovered pretty quickly. I'm beyond thrilled to say after 15 YEARS with a G-tube and needing to u