Skip to main content

Catch Up!

I'm sorry it has been a MONTH since I blogged. I guess life got a little busy. I'm starting a clinical trial, but I can't tell you about that (signed a contract not to give details). But it is always exciting doing research. I am a BIG believer in doing what I can to try to further the Mission of finding a cure. On top of all my regular health stuff, Andrew and I have a lot of other things going on (good things). We were hoping to have it all established by now, so we can share our exciting news. Please be patient, I promise it is worth the wait. We have been attending 3 hours of classes a week and next week we have 6 hours of classes. It a lot to squeeze in when Andrew is working 80+ hours. He has been working more hours at Culvers. You may know my husband works full time at the new HyVee in our area as a manager, but he also works as a manager at the local Culvers.

To be honest, yes, we need the 2nd income. But he only has to work 10-15 hours extra.... not the 40 he is doing. But, he loves it. He really does love Culvers. Also, the extra money helps us with all the projects we have been doing at our house. (click here for more pictures/info). It's hard, but I grew up with my dad working two jobs for over a decade. So we just make sure we find a couple hours a week to watch a movie we have been wanting to see of make a nice meal together. I also stay up at night, so we can talk for 15 minutes while he is getting for bed.

Lately, I have been pretty busy too. I'm currently working with 2 clients to find a condos,  doing clinical research, keeping on top of my 4 hours of treatment a day, cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping, and even working on the house projects. We have a timeline and need to finish our home projects by the end of this month. Yipes! Plus, it is great strides season.

I'm nervous about the Princeton Walk. We haven't had any press or articles yet. I know the local paper is going to be printing one soon though. Although our overall numbers are down a bit. I'm hoping a lot of my family & friends just haven't registered and are coming (like they have the last 3 years). This is the Priceton CF Walk's 4th year! We'd love to raise over $15,000 and I'd love to have it steadily reach $20,000 a year eventually. We have raised $50,000 since 2014 so far!

Please consider sharing the facebook event (here), walk at the event, become a virtual walkers & raise money, or even donate to our event!  Sign up or donate here!



This event means a lot to me! My first year hosting it I remember that Laura was so proud! She was my motivation for hosting it. I wanted to do everything I could to make her happy, to encourage her to hold on longer,  and to help find a cure. While, Laura passed away a few months after the walk, she never was negative or felt bad for herself. She was positive right up to the end and focused on keeping me positive. While she was struggling at below 15% lung function, she was motivating me to keep jogging & work to keep my function in the 60s. She was the most selfless, loving, positive person I know. AND I made a promise to her to keep up with my effort and never stop fighting. So I will fight. Every SINGLE day. Not just for her, but for myself, and everyone else. I will live to see CF cured.

So thank you everyone who has helped us with the Princeton Walk!!! <3 It really does mean everything to me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Big Update Time & what I need!

Time Flies: I've been blogging about all these separate things I have going on in my life. My lung function drop, the hospital stay, my stomach/ GI issues, the surgery, the Princeton IL CF walk, my fight with insurance for my Cayston medication/machine, and soooo much more. So here's a bit of a catch up for everyone! Let me start at the very beginning: read my CF history in this brief post here . Now let's skip ahead to the last 6 months. From September 2014 - Feb 2015 I lost 3 CF friends ( it was really tough). In September my best friend with CF (from childhood & on) passed away from CF. I wrote a post about her journey, love for life, and how she was (& is) my inspiration to fund raise (read about Laura's Journey here ). Then in October I got my G-tube taken out/ fistula fixed and removed. YAY YAY YAY! The abdominal surgery was my 15th surgery, so I recovered pretty quickly. I'm beyond thrilled to say after 15 YEARS with a G-tube and needing to u