Skip to main content

Life gets a Little Crazy Sometimes

Lots Going On:

Wow, sorry, it's been just over two weeks since I have blogged. That may be the longest I have ever gone without blogging. Here are the 3 big things that are taking place in our lives right now:

1. Work- Lots of it. Andrew is gearing up for the holidays at the store he works at and I just started my new career. (Read last post below to learn about it). In the last two weeks, I have signed a contract with Jim Maloof Realty in Peoria, IL (see my link on our office website click HERE). I paid all my dues to the Peoria Area Association of Realtors, etc. Paid for advertising, some equipment, even got a few work outfits. I did my all day orientations & have been going to every new agent workshop that has been available. It's been pretty busy around here.

Little about my work: I still need to finish up my business cards, buy a new laptop, and more. But I am beyond ready to start helping clients sell & buy homes! The only downside to Real Estate is all the upfront costs you have. I have already put a couple thousand into classes, fees, dues, etc. We aren't employees, we are independent contractors with the companies. Which means, no wages, no salary, just commission. But the up-side is I can be more flexible about going home for my medications, treatments, etc. But without wages, we work on pure commission. When someone sells their home they agree to a broker's commission. That Selling Price Broker's commission ( a x%) is split between the buyer & seller's brokers, then each broker has to split that with the company that hired them & they represent. We have to pay taxes, gov. fees, etc on it like everyone else does on wages. So it will take more than 1 house for me to pay myself back just for the start up costs.You have to sell enough houses to pay all the dues/costs every year to make it worth it. The instructor said 1 out of  3 people that get licensed are still in the business in 2 years. That doesn't really bother me, I know I want this career soooo much. I have been talking about it since I was a kid (no joke). I knew about most of the costs, so we were prepared. It's still tough working sooo much and not making any money. But it will work out and be VERY much worth it in the end. So excited!!!!!! YAY!

2. Christmas/Holiday/Post-Wedding/Working Out-  Lately, getting ready for the holidays, baking, shopping, etc has been taking more time. I want to get everything done early, because I don't like being stressed and shopping close to Christmas. Also, post wedding wise, we have been getting some picture prints, scrapbooking, photo albums done. Also, starting to work on our Thank Yous. And I have been trying to lift weights, walk on the treadmill, do dance or yoga dvds too! Not too much spare time for it, but I try!

3. Volunteering-  Right now is a pretty big time for the organizations I volunteer for. The Dream Factory (which grants wishes to kids with chronic illnesses) needs to fundraise a lot to pay for 12 more kids wishes AND our big end of the year Christmas Party is coming up! We have been getting ready for that. Also, the CF Foundation announced the dates for most of the 2016 walks! I'm registered for them, if you want to register early and help me recruit or team members or starting fundraising, feel free! I'd love it as a matter of fact. It was exciting in 2015, we walk at numerous walks and a couple out of state! Go here to register any walk you want to join me for, just click links & on the CF Walk page, click "Join Team"

Here is every walk I will be at:

Well, that pretty much sums up why it has been 2 weeks since I blogged, I will try not to do that again. I'm hoping after Thanksgiving I will have all my new stuff done/set up for work. Then I can focus on advertising and finding clients. So if you know anyone in the Peoria, IL area looking for a Realtor/Broker, (big smile), pick me! But honestly, the biggest perk to have a new agent is that you are more than likely their only clients or they only have a few, so they can dedicate more time to advertising your property. Also, Most new brokers work with an experienced agent too ( for a while). Okay, enough of my work. I'm just so excited to get back into working after all my medical mishaps in 2014!

I will talk more about Andrew & I and our goals/plans next week! 

I hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Big Update Time & what I need!

Time Flies: I've been blogging about all these separate things I have going on in my life. My lung function drop, the hospital stay, my stomach/ GI issues, the surgery, the Princeton IL CF walk, my fight with insurance for my Cayston medication/machine, and soooo much more. So here's a bit of a catch up for everyone! Let me start at the very beginning: read my CF history in this brief post here . Now let's skip ahead to the last 6 months. From September 2014 - Feb 2015 I lost 3 CF friends ( it was really tough). In September my best friend with CF (from childhood & on) passed away from CF. I wrote a post about her journey, love for life, and how she was (& is) my inspiration to fund raise (read about Laura's Journey here ). Then in October I got my G-tube taken out/ fistula fixed and removed. YAY YAY YAY! The abdominal surgery was my 15th surgery, so I recovered pretty quickly. I'm beyond thrilled to say after 15 YEARS with a G-tube and needing to u

Oh the Joys of a Colonoscopy!

Colonoscopy, Fun: As you may remember from reading my October Posts (  Oct Post #1   &  2nd Oct Post ) that I was admitted a second time that month for Gastrointestinal issues. I was having stomach cramps and what was believed to be Antibiotic Associated Diarrhea. However, CT scan revealed my colon and intestines were inflammed.  After having a rough 2 months of GI issues, and cuting out most food (diary, meat, grease, carbonated beverages, and sugar). I finally am getting a Colonoscopy to see what in the world is going on! I'm been taking Probiotics, was on meds for both C. diff and AAD. I even added driking Kefir to add to the probiotics and good bacteria.  Only now am I seeing any changes, less stomach aches, etc. I add a 1/2 cup pf the Kefir to my smoothie, its not bad -yum! I really reccommend it and Probiotics (so talk to your doctor about it), it could really help you out! Read about Colonoscopies here! So I'm glad to be getting the procedure done. Instead o