Skip to main content

Quiet in the House

Life at Our House:

 I want to take some time to update everyone on what is going on at our place. Our life has been a little crazy since getting married and only now, do I feel it is starting to slow down. Whew. We got married on August 16th, Andrew's new store (where he works) had its grand opening on the Tuesday after our wedding. We moved into our new place on Wednesday that week. Since then Andrew worked 12-14 hour days 6 days a week until we left for our honeymoon on September 27th! I spent most of my days unpacking, cleaning our new home, Calling docs & updating all the accounts with pharmacies, etc. (See our Wedding pics on my Facebook page!)

We got back from our Honeymoon on October 2nd. Read about our Honeymoon Trip right here. Luckily, since then Andrew has been able to work less hours (averaging 50-55 a week) and he gets two days off a week now. I've had some job interviews and meetings,which went awesome. I then met with the Real Estate company, where I plan to work. I have to travel up to chicago area for my licensing. I have my CF Clinic next Thursday up there too! So that is a lot of driving in the next couple weeks. Speaking of doctors and medicines, let me catch you up healthwise.

My GI problems are livable right now. Not ideal, but not that bad. Plus, lung wise I have been okay too.

Picture: Lung function from 2010 to Present. Ranging 40-60%


I'm really hoping to see an increase in lung function at clinic...



I've been stable around lower 50s for a while now. And while I'm happy to not decrease, I really want to get back up to the 60% again. Since moving I haven't really been working out at all. That needs to change, but luckily I do more errands and active daily stuff.

Plus, my therapies have been more productive lately (maybe because I'm ACTUALLY paying attention to my breathing during them...lol). It sounds so weird to think about it, I have been doing nebulizers since I was an infant. I practically do them on autopilot. I realized the other day I'm not breathing in as deep as I can be. So I'm trying to re-examine the way I do my breathing & vest.

I wrote a pretty accurate and very honest blog post about insurance frustrations (right here). Luckily, we have paid our deductible off for the rest of 2015. We do have to start over and pay it all again every year in January.  We'd have to pay all of it out of pocket ($3,000 for my half, $3,000 for his), since Pulmozyme, Cayston, and Tobi all cost more than the deductible for the year. We found out that there is a co-pay assistance card for Pulmozyme. Therefore, if we order that first, we only have to pay a smaller portion & the assistance pays a larger portion (and it still goes towards our deductible). At least that is what the Specialty Pharmacist told us, so we are hoping she is correct. I will let every know how that goes next year! So I figured that out and I start Cayston next month, so I'm hoping I have no problem filling that prescription (even though our pharmacy doesn't carry it and we have to order through somewhere else). It's pretty funny how often I order meds. I have to refill at least one script every week.

That's why life is never dull at our place. Besides the regular weekly errands: Groceries, Laundry, taking recycling to the center, trips to library and video store, working, studying, etc... we also run to the pharmacy & call doctors office almost every single week. At least once a month Andrew uses one of his days off to travel with me to the doctor's office. I have two appointments coming up soonish. CF Clinic and my eye appointment. Yep, eye appointment, because I have been having some old eye problems act up again. I keep tripping, etc. It's also why I'm not blogging quite as much. I honestly can get a headache while typing a blog. But today, I just had to post one! So hopefully it will be fixed soon and I can get back to everything...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Theatre and Life...how to fit in CF?

Fitting CF into my life: Cystic Fibrosis won't be hard to fit into my schedule right now. As I just finished my job watching my babysitting kids for the year. I'm currently job hunting and taking classes on Mondays at the local community college (as a pre-req for Grad programs/and for fun). Mulan Jr, just ended today. We had two shows. Back-to-back performances are harder, since I had a busy day before the shows, I didn't get a chance to do my meds before the shows. Therefore, I end up bringing my therapy machine along.  Yep, sitting in the light booth and doing my meds, while watching people take their seats. [Note: I turned my therapy machine off when the house lights had to go out.] Its not that hard to fit them in. You just have to be willing to do them sometimes in unexpected places and be willing to have others find out about it. I had two people in the light booth with me, neither knew I had Cystic Fibrosis, but neither were bothered by the nebs. So bottom line