Skip to main content

More BIG News!

What a Month:

Not only have I started an uphill climb in health (read last post), but I had to make some decisions for my health (like whether or not to start Orkambi). I'm been really focusing on my meds, working out, and gaining weight! Also this month Andrew & I are getting married and I'm going to be starting a new job, once we are settled. And by settled, I mean MOVED! That's right we are moving. Ha, again. This is the 3rd move in 3 years, but thankfully this next move should be where we settle. Andrew is getting a nice promotion with a management title at a brand new store. The store he will be working at has its grand opening the day after our wedding. Since it is a brand new store he really felt it was an opportunity he couldn't turn down, since there will be more openings for him to move up with, plus steady hours in a location close to our families.

I'm not super thrilled about moving a third time, but I understand each time we have moved there have been good reasons (job or school). And it's worth it. It's crazy, we found out the opening was still available on Friday, by Wednesday they had hired him. They are still settling on his transfer. I do know he has to move there in the next 7-10 days to start work. Our lease ends this months, so we have 30 days to find a new place and get moved, all while getting married this month, and him working 14 hour days 6 days a week at the new job.

This is pretty much my life right now: Andrew brings home boxes from work and I pack them all day and deep clean our apartment while he is working, then he comes home we do some wedding stuff, or pack, or work-out. I'm hoping to have everything packed up in the next week, so that way no matter when Andrew moves I don't have to stay behind and keep packing. Living here alone, not knowing a single person, and packing...Doesn't sound ideal two weeks before our wedding.

Luckily, I've already gotten a lot packed in just 48 hours. I'm hoping to have it done by the 8th.

Pic: What I have packed so far.

Andrew can move to the new town (and crash at my sister's). I will live there and in Princeton mainly the week before the wedding. He has off Fri-Sun for our wedding weekend. Then after our wedding (about 6-7pm) we will drive to the new town that night to get a hotel room. The next morning Andrew goes to work at 6am, and I will go to my sister's. We will be living with her until we get moved into the new place. We applied at a couple complexes in the area and are hoping to move the weekend after wedding (21-23). He'll already be working, but I think my sister and I can manage everything pretty well.

I'm not the biggest fan of living in big towns or keen on the idea of moving an extra 2 hours away from my doctor. Now to get to his main office it will take 3 hours and to get to his extension office its 2 hours and 15 minutes and that's with good traffic...Plus my hospital is 2 and a half hours away too... I mean if there is an emergency I can go to the local hospital ( the new town actually has a CF Clinic) and I love the staff there. I used to go there as a child. But I love my current doctor.. and I don't know the doctors at the new town's clinic. I love the nurses and respiratory therapist there (who are same from when I was a child). BUT, doctors are the ones that make decisions about your health and my current doctor based out of Chicago is simply amazing. He reminds me of my first CF doc (Doc. C.) who I really loved. I also found a surgeon affiliated with my Doc's hospital who I trust. He did a fabulous job with my last two surgeries and he understands about CF. He even has Doc. B in his cell, in case he needs consult with an emergency during surgery. He said that he'd have Doc B ready in case my lungs have trouble with Anesthesia.  I trust them both to try their hardest to keep me alive and healthy. I'm not about to give that up. So ehhh doc appointment days may be long, but I threw all the negatives away and was actually okay with the idea of moving (Andrew wasn't sure what I would think)... after he followed up his case with " Just think living in the same town as your sister"... Bam. Sold. I'm on board.

I'm looking forward to it, while I love the small town we live in now and I'm not excited about a big city, there are smaller ones around it we can settle in. So now I just gotta focus on the move! Thank goodness I was organized about the wedding and had almost everything done way in advance.

Once I get an okay from one of the apartments and we get the move-in date, I will be even happier. That's all I'm waiting on now... well and I'm still packing of course...

What a month August will be! Can't wait to start married life off with Andrew in a new place, with his new job! So proud of him, he is simply amazing! Way to go on your promotion :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Theatre and Life...how to fit in CF?

Fitting CF into my life: Cystic Fibrosis won't be hard to fit into my schedule right now. As I just finished my job watching my babysitting kids for the year. I'm currently job hunting and taking classes on Mondays at the local community college (as a pre-req for Grad programs/and for fun). Mulan Jr, just ended today. We had two shows. Back-to-back performances are harder, since I had a busy day before the shows, I didn't get a chance to do my meds before the shows. Therefore, I end up bringing my therapy machine along.  Yep, sitting in the light booth and doing my meds, while watching people take their seats. [Note: I turned my therapy machine off when the house lights had to go out.] Its not that hard to fit them in. You just have to be willing to do them sometimes in unexpected places and be willing to have others find out about it. I had two people in the light booth with me, neither knew I had Cystic Fibrosis, but neither were bothered by the nebs. So bottom line