Skip to main content

Wedding Fun

Lots Happening:

I'm still working on getting my weight and lung function back up. It's a slow and long process. I'm struggling in the 40s in lung function and still not 100 lbs. It's sooo frustrating, but eating more, doing small workouts, etc is getting easier. So hopefully, we will see a difference, all I can do is keep trying.

Last Sunday was Andrew & I's wedding shower. It was simply beautiful and so much fun! My sister planned our shower, and a couple of our bridesmaids helped get everything put together. I didn't know much about it, she wanted to surprise us and boy, did she. I couldn't believe how pretty everything looked. All the tables were decorated with beautiful fresh flowers, table runners, china plates, party favors, etc. It was gorgeous!

I didn't take any pictures, but a few others did, so more pictures will be in the next post, but here was a selfie I sent to an out-of-state bridesmaid.

 The Showers colors were blue and yellow. They had mini sandwiches, pasta salad, fresh fruit, tons of petit fours and fancy little desserts. While were finishing up eating, we played a "Who Is It" game. My sister made cut-out mustache and lips on popsicle sticks and the guests answered questions like "Who makes a mean casserole" and they'd guess who it refers to by holding up the lips or mustache. It was fun to see what people thought. Andrew & I came up with the 20 questions beforehand. It was a great icebreaker and really fun. Then Andrew & I opened gifts, I'm not as coordinated, so I'm glad he was there. Everyone got to take home a blue rock candy ( I'm obsessed with rock candy), so I was super excited to see those! It was absolutely perfect. WE LOVED IT. So a BIG THANK YOU to my sister & bridemaids for putting together the shower and THANK YOU to everyone who came. We are sooo lucky to have so many family & friends in our lives!


Right after the shower, I changed into a different dress and we headed to my Aunt's Visitation. My Uncle told me how much my aunt was looking forward to our shower and wedding. That she had bought us a gift already. I knew she was excited about the shower & wedding. She kept telling Andrew & I every time we rain into her uptown or at Myrtles. Which was like almost every week it seemed like and I couldn't help but tear up thinking about how sweet, funny, and outgoing she was. She will be greatly missed.

I spent a couple days after that with my sister at her place.She worked on her classroom projects and I did our Shower Thank Yous. It was nice just chilling watching movies, hanging out, and getting some stuff done. Then Wednesday Andrew & I had our last pre-marriage session with the Pastor. Amazingly almost everything is working out perfectly for the wedding. And even though I had lots of fun with the family, it was nice coming home. Being away with all my meds and living out of bags, etc is hard after a while. So whew. Back home.

This Saturday I have another cousin's wedding, then meeting with my caterer for the final headcount this monday. Then everything will be settled down until closer to the wedding. I have my next CF appointment at the end of July, but I'm really hoping to get my weight & lungs back up before then...

I've struggled to get motivated and back into walking/jogging again (like I did in 2012 when I was at my healthiest). BUT, today I did. I woke up early and decided to give it a try again. I did a 4 block radius, and my legs are sore, which is sad. BUT, it is a start.

We will see. I'll be posting about my progress once I actually see some progress, and that may take some time. :-) but yay!

Comments

  1. Wow! Truly a fantastic post about your wedding and bridal shower party. It’s really good to see your photos. Have been looking for similar good NYC wedding venues for our intimate vintage themed wedding. Planning to book one soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love any vintage wedding and enjoy wedding planning ( I can be a lot of fun, as long as you don't allow stress to ruin it). Hope you find the perfect venue! Best Wishes!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Updates!

 Hey everyone! Sorry it’s been a while. Covid struggles have been all around and we have been focusing our on our kiddo and current life situations (jobs, home, everything really). We have been posting regularly on the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/CherizCFPage). We will keep you updated on there for now,  because we are doing some big changes to our current blog! Stay tuned!  In meantime, message our FB page if you need anything. Keep safe and stay happy.  We will be back. Promise! 

Weekend, gone for a few days!

This Weekend: I will be gone tomorrow morning through Sunday, so I won't be able to blog and will have to find something equally entertaining to keep me occupied during my meds. Today, I had a busy day; I ran errands, babysat this morning, judged theatre and interior design at the 4H fair this afternoon. I came home started packing and went back later to judge the fashion revue/show. Of course, I come home to continue packing, but I want to pack all my clothes. I keep thinking, "oooh I might want this" or "oh, that's really cute!" Apparently, the fashion show, got my mind in fashion mode! (packing and unpacking, packing and unpacking...) Okay, I took out a lot of the clothes I didn't need. And I got everything into 2 bags. For a 2 night/3 day trip that sounds sad. But with Med stuff, I'm proud of my packing capabilities (Yay, for Girl Scouts). bag on left: clothes (pjs, reg outfits, jogging outfits, cute outfit for going out), hair/toli