Skip to main content

Stressed Out to the Max

Update Time:

Make sure to read the previous posts about me being in the hospital and coming on home IVs to fully understand these next updates. Okay, whew where to start. First of all, I made my first VLOG today. So I'd encourage you to watch that to really understand what I have been dealing with last night/ today...

Here is the video:


Incase it doesn't load correctly you can go to my youtube channel HERE & watch it.

Sorry about the bad camera angles...I don't have a laptop with video capability. So I had to choose between a desktop in my bedroom or my phone. So I made this lil masterpiece with my phone. I'm sure Ill get the hang of the camera angles as I do more.

Normally, I wouldn't post a whole blog with my video (defeats the purpose). However, this is my first VLOG and I have some updates on the medical situation I talk about in the video. My nurse came to do my afternoon med, since I don't feel capable of keeping on top of everything and its just a lot to deal with right now. After she left I had a voicemail from the pharmacist saying to call her back. I was hoping for news that they would give me the elipse balls, she told me the insurance wouldn't originally pay for ellipse balls only for gravity. However, they will pay for the ellipse balls start with the next batch on Friday. I said okay, then I need to set up a nurse to come to set up/ do the IV meds. She informed me I was on my own, that the nurse already came once to show me and now I'm capable... I said I know but mixxing it and getting back into the bag is difficult for me, and keeping up with it is too much. She said "its easy, you are fully capable." I said, but what if I'm not, either physically or mentally, who are you to say I'm able to do the IV med. She replied saying she could send the nurse and the bill to me, I'd be responsbile for it. I said " I can't afford that and if I have to use an IV med method I've never done before, how can I be denied a nurse. Also, what if I don't get the med mixed up completely or air runs through, if I run it too fast, what I burn my vein up?" She laughed at me. Yep, flippin laughed at me and said " Oh you cant do that..hahaha (side note: I knew I couldn't burn up my vein, but I was trying to make a point. I shouldn't have to do these myself if I'm not comfortable) I cut off her laughing abruptly and said very upset (borderline almost crying- my steriods are making me weepy) " Well, thank you for laughing at me and making me feel dumb, I guess I will have to try to do it and hope I just do it right and not mess anything up. I will be talking to my doctor. Good day" I proceeded to complain to Doc and I will be doing a customer complaint once I'm off IV meds and no longer needing their service. Also, I called my insurance to double check and apparently visits that are billed and are solely for IV administration is covered and doesn't count towards the limit. So the Flippin rude lady was wrong. I'm too much of a coward to call her back. But I have the reference number and the names of people I spoke to, all of which will be put in my compaint.

On top of that, my Cayston hit a bump. Insurance is taking their sweet time getting me the documents I need and the pharmacy (a different one that approved my Cayston ) is now saying my approval is contingent on those papers.... So I'm done with IVs meds in 10 days and I hope I have Cayston by then.

I'm just so worn out and stressed, I told Doc I just want to stop doing the meds and give up. I'm about ready to marry Andrew tomorrow at the courthouse to switch to his insurance. His is a lot better than my dad's current insurance.  Once we get married I lose my secondary insurance though, so we are looking at paying our entire deductable within a month or two of us getting married, plus I have more copays. Let's not even discuss specialty meds coverage without a secondary insurance. But that's for another time. I'll get more into the harships marriage (the legal aspects) has for someone with CF soon. I'm not ready to get into all that. I have enough I'm dealing with right now.

I'm happy I'm home, I love that Doc is switching my meds to be more aggressive and really feels it will have an impact on my lungs. But I'm just beyond stressed out with everything. I feel like no matter what I do, the insurance won't be satisfied until I'm dead.

I'm very much looking forward to Friday and my ellipse balls! Plus, I get to do  a few more wedding appointments this weekend (including caterer). And no matter how frustrating life can get, I love it too much to throw in the towel.

Don't worry guys :-) I'm sure once this is all over, everything will be fine.

I can't wait til Andrew gets off work tonight, it's been the longest day ever!




Comments

  1. Cheriz, I am so sorry that happened to you - that jerk pharmacist was so frustrating, the laughing part was unbelievable! I hope you and Andrew have a great weekend, and things get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah, and yep everything has gotten a lot better! Keep warm in this cRaZy weather!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Exercise is VITAL to my HEALTH!

One big promise I have struggled with in past, present, and probably future is to EXERCISE! I know a lot of people struggle with the same problem, regardless is they have CF. We are too good at making excuses for ourselves. I don't have time, I don't feel good, I will start next week. I was on the right track in 2012. I was doing musicals, where I was singing or dancing every night. AND I was coming home to walk or jog almost 5x a week! I started slow and added more distance as I could. I would walk 2x a week with a friend. This is where I focused on distance & length, not speed. Then on the opposite nights, I would jog as much as I could, walk catch breath, and repeat. I had more muscle, was eating more, gaining weight, and my lung function was the highest it had ever been! 60 - 64% <--- WOW! I was single, didn't have a TV (on purpose) and kept myself accountable through my blog & friend (w CF) Laura. Since then a lot has changed. Living with another pers