Skip to main content

Moving Day is Right Around the Corner

Moving, Again. YEP! 


I know, I just moved to the Chicago burbs last summer, however, I'm moving again. Andrew and I will both be moving to the Dekalb/Sycamore Area. I just got called the other day that the apartment I applied for/ was on a waiting list for.... IS officially ours :-) I can't wait to sign for it! It's 2 bedroom and 2 bath, with a lakeveiw from the patio and a gym included.

Having a gym will really help me. I want to work on adding some muscles to my tiny arms and work on my lung function. When I was diligent with jogging/ working out, I really did have a better health. So I need to get back into the habbit again. I know, everyone thinks that about themsevles usually... We always say "Oh, my resolution will be to work out more..." But having Cystic Fibrosis, really does make it extra important. And for so many reasons.

The biggest reason is obviously lung function. I currently have 55% and I need to work my lungs to bring it up!  And help clear that junk out of my lungs too! Smaller, secondary reasons, exercise helps with my arthritis and helps with my muscle strength. I do have some issues with my muscles, due to my cerebral palsy. So I have plenty of reasons to work out more.

Here comes my dilemma... I'll be taking classes part time to get my broker's license. Also, I'll be working at a family video that is 30 miles away. My problem is currently I'm not even going to school (since I had to take a medical withdrawal in October- read about it right here) and I'm working 35 hours a week. It's not full time, but it exhausts me. I get up at 6:30 do meds until 8:00, then get ready for work. I work from 9am-6pm. I get home around 7pm... do meds until 8:30 and then crash.  I don't even usually eat on days I work if I'm home alone all day. I'm too tired to make the food.I forget to go to the Pharmacy (which is 20 mins away). I'm supposed to go every 3 days to get meds. So this August when I'm all moved. I'm going to have to cut down on the number of hours I work, in order to go to school, do errands, and work out enough to get healthy again. I'm hoping to work 15-20 hours a week, go to school 6 hours. And work out 3-4 days a week.

I think this will be a challenge, but Andrew is going to help me stay on track. The new lease starts on July 14th. The Bensenville lease ends on August 21st. Paying double rent in August won't be fun, but at least we can move smaller loads on the days Andrew is commuting to Sycamore for work (he's tranferring within the company). He's driving from our Apt here to Sycamore 2-3 days a week, until everything is moved. So it shouldn't be as exhausting for me as last summer.

I'm still impressed everyday byAndrew's work ethic. My dad has always been the hardest working person I know. Growing up, my dad worked 6am -3pm at one job, and 5pm-11pm at another. And on weekends he farmed/ butchered at my uncles. Somehow he always found time to mow the yard, help out neighbors, and never missed my sister's and I's school activities. However, Andrew has that same attitude. He works 46 hours a week, takes 15 credits at school, and still volunteers at stuff. It's crazy ambitious and I'm seriously impressed.

This can-do attitude he has, has definetly helped me. I can't wait to move and see how this new schedule works out and hopefully see some results. Oh, good gravy I need to get packing some stuff up. I've been so busy with the Princeton Walk, everything else in my life has been put on hold.

BUT, it will be worth it. If you haven't read about the Walk ( Click here) Once we get settled in the new place, I'll post pictures!

Comments

  1. Congrats on getting the new apartment! You forgot to add the Princeton Walk into everything you've been doing this year. My guess is that next year won't be quite so much work since you'll already have contacts made and have an idea of what you're doing. You might also think about forming a committee (most fundraising events have them) so that you aren't doing everything on your own. I'm sure everything will work out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its been a lot, but I've enjoyed it too. I have had lots of people help out this year too. Next year I will forms smaller teams to do certain tasks (flyers, etc). AND I have all the letters, contacts, etc saved. So next year will be smoother. And it is going great! We have almost got 100 walkers and we are due to reach just over $5,000. I would love to make it 10,000. We'll see. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Theatre and Life...how to fit in CF?

Fitting CF into my life: Cystic Fibrosis won't be hard to fit into my schedule right now. As I just finished my job watching my babysitting kids for the year. I'm currently job hunting and taking classes on Mondays at the local community college (as a pre-req for Grad programs/and for fun). Mulan Jr, just ended today. We had two shows. Back-to-back performances are harder, since I had a busy day before the shows, I didn't get a chance to do my meds before the shows. Therefore, I end up bringing my therapy machine along.  Yep, sitting in the light booth and doing my meds, while watching people take their seats. [Note: I turned my therapy machine off when the house lights had to go out.] Its not that hard to fit them in. You just have to be willing to do them sometimes in unexpected places and be willing to have others find out about it. I had two people in the light booth with me, neither knew I had Cystic Fibrosis, but neither were bothered by the nebs. So bottom line