Skip to main content

Family, Flyers, and Fantastic Things!

Happy, Happy, Happy!


Why am I so happy. Well, first off so many great things have been happening! I got some good news at my last clinic, I'm excited about being at a healthy weight. And I've been at a healthy weight long enough that my doc gave me permission to schedule the surgery to get my stomach tube out! I've had it since I was 14 and I'm ready for it go! YAY! Also, I've done 2 CF great strides walks in the last month! Of the 4 walk sites I do (with members of our team) these are my smallest and yet we raised $362 at the two walks, with only a few walkers. AND the Princeton Walk I've been working on all year, is really coming together! We have already raised $1,500 in online donations and have 50+ people signed up! I received quite a bit of help from the Princeton Area too! Goldie Currie, with the Bureau County Republican, wrote us a great story (and it made it on the front page)!





It starts on page 1 and continued on page 3. It has so much amazing information in there, I'm really impressed with the story she put together. I've also sent off information to other surrounding area papers, church bulletins, and newletters!

(If your church or community would put in the news, commet below and I'll send you a press release I wrote)

I'm hoping that helps boost our number of particpants and amount we raise. I'm really hoping for 100 participants and all together raise at least $5,000 (but really would love $10,000 -which is 100 people raising an average of $100 each).

I got 15 flyers put up around Princeton yesterday, and Wal-Mart confirmed that they will be letting me know what they can donate for the walk on June 1st. So that will be done too!

Everything for walk has been coming together very nicely. I just need to get more walkers invovled.

Also, medically I'm doing welll. I'm finally getting more stable hours open-6 at work. Which makes medications a lot easier to schedule.

I've got everything settled for when Andrew and I move to Sycamore/Dekalb! I've enjoyed being in Bensenville, but with all the traffic, my commute to work, etc. UGH. Plus, we will be saving a bundle by swtiching schools! So glad that is all set!

Satruday, was the Naperville walk and I had a great time. Its a rather big walk site. Last year the Naperville Walk alone raised $200,000 for CF research! That's amazing! After the walk, my team all went for lunch and got to just spend some nice time together. Andrew had to work after that, but I get to spend the rest of the day with Ryan (a best friend of mine). We had sooo much fun shopping, of course now I fell in love with- yet another- couch set! I have a weakness for furniture.... lol It was such a nice day and tonight I get to go out to eat with my uncles (who are in the area tonight). So once I'm off of work I get to see both of them. Plus, yesterda\y I saw parents and sister! It's my sister's students' concert andwas my parent's 30th Anniversary! So we are going to celebrate it as a family.

I have to work the next 5 days, BUT these past weekends have been so amazing and I'm so thankful. I know the past couple posts have be more "informative" about CF stuff (like meds costs talked about in the post below). However, I wanted to take the time to just tell everyone how great everything finally seems to going really well. I'm on a roll, hopefully, tomorrow I can get my surgeon's consultation appointment made too! Keep you all posted. Oh and enjoy the "selfies" mom and I took at the concert...

We decided they described our day:
                                                      We forgot the cups for the punch....


                                        Sent Dad and Andrew for cups and the concert is great!
                                           

Oh man, it's over.... 


Yep, that's what we do when we have free time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Theatre and Life...how to fit in CF?

Fitting CF into my life: Cystic Fibrosis won't be hard to fit into my schedule right now. As I just finished my job watching my babysitting kids for the year. I'm currently job hunting and taking classes on Mondays at the local community college (as a pre-req for Grad programs/and for fun). Mulan Jr, just ended today. We had two shows. Back-to-back performances are harder, since I had a busy day before the shows, I didn't get a chance to do my meds before the shows. Therefore, I end up bringing my therapy machine along.  Yep, sitting in the light booth and doing my meds, while watching people take their seats. [Note: I turned my therapy machine off when the house lights had to go out.] Its not that hard to fit them in. You just have to be willing to do them sometimes in unexpected places and be willing to have others find out about it. I had two people in the light booth with me, neither knew I had Cystic Fibrosis, but neither were bothered by the nebs. So bottom line