Skip to main content

Apologies and Thanks

Sorry and Thank You!


First of all, let me state that I don't mind living here. I don't mind the Chicago area I live in. BUT, I miss my family and friends! I miss those weekly family lunches we have, and hanging with my mom and my dad. Dad doesn't do facebook, and he's so busy; we only get to talk to him when we are home. I miss that. I miss taking afternoon walks with Sarah, or car cruises with Amanda! I miss taking my babysitting kids to the park and library! But there are pluses to living in this area. There are way more options for stores, restaurants, etc. However, living on a strict budget to save up for other things I want, means not really exploring those places much. Luckily, I keep pretty busy just working, doing typical stuff (like grocery shopping, pharmacy runs, library runs, etc)! Also, this CF walk has been keeping me on my toes! So to all my family and friends sorry we can't see each other more. I just have been crazy busy! Plus, Andrew works 30+ hours a week and takes 18 credit hours of school. So literally, he has one day off. Otherwise is working or in class from 10am-11pm pretty much. On his one day off he is either working at a 2nd job doing caterings or we do errands and projects that day. This summer will give us a lot more time. He won't be in school and I won't have as many other commitments (weddings, CF Walks, etc). So family and friends, sorry. Miss you! If anyone wants to take the train up for the day to visit - just let me know! Andrew may be busy, but I can ask off a day from work (they only schedule me 10-20 hours a week). Ok..that's the apology part...

now for the thanks... 

As you know (see above tab or  click "Princeton Walk!") I'm hosting a CF Walk... yeah, you have probably heard a lot about it. But that is just because it is so important. Important to me, to my CF friends, and all of the CF community! Want to know why it is so important to find a cure... Read about my friend Laura's Struggle in these past blogs: (Laura's Fighting for Her Life , Calling All Who Care , and We Need Lungs Now!) This disease can be tough! So THANKS to everyone who is helping, has helped, or planning on helping with the CF Walks! I do many CF Walks throughout the year! See all CF Walks and Fundraiser Events I'm doing in 2014 by clicking " Fundraising Events!" ( or see above tab). I'm also starting our OWN CF WALK (GreatStrides Fundraiser) in Princeton on June 28th! We have over 30 walkers already and a few companies have even donated food costs! Thanks to "Memories by Jan-Video Service" and "Daniel J Miller Chiropractic Clinic for the food cost donations!

We still need...

Some type of live band or music... for the post party and registration. And we are always looking for people that want to run a game or booth, like facepainting, etc... Also we need to make flyers, signs, buy paper plates, napkins, etc. So donations towards the cost of the walk is greatly appreciated! Don't forget it is tax deductible!  I have all this info on my CF facebook page ( located on the right hand side of my blog)!

Princeton Community is amazing!
This community has always supported me, helped me, and cheered me on! I'm looking forward to seeing how big this walk can get and how much we can raise for CF research for a cure! Invite everyone and help me spread word!!!! CAN'T WAIT Princeton!!!!


Also can't wait for my sister to come visit tomorrow and I have Clinic on Thursday morning!  I will keep you all updated on how my lung function is... (fingers crossed for some increase)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Exercise is VITAL to my HEALTH!

One big promise I have struggled with in past, present, and probably future is to EXERCISE! I know a lot of people struggle with the same problem, regardless is they have CF. We are too good at making excuses for ourselves. I don't have time, I don't feel good, I will start next week. I was on the right track in 2012. I was doing musicals, where I was singing or dancing every night. AND I was coming home to walk or jog almost 5x a week! I started slow and added more distance as I could. I would walk 2x a week with a friend. This is where I focused on distance & length, not speed. Then on the opposite nights, I would jog as much as I could, walk catch breath, and repeat. I had more muscle, was eating more, gaining weight, and my lung function was the highest it had ever been! 60 - 64% <--- WOW! I was single, didn't have a TV (on purpose) and kept myself accountable through my blog & friend (w CF) Laura. Since then a lot has changed. Living with another pers