Skip to main content

2013 Expressed By Pics

2013- a Reveiw

I posted Pictures that capture the big moments of 2013- below the description I have posted blog links - incase you want to read about the events more!

2013:

I was cast in a play, where I was a pregnant nagging wife...



But I got 104 fever opening day, was transported by ambulance to Chicago's Hopistal for a Virus and Fungal Infection....



I got out in time to celebrate my BIRTHDAY!


I turned 28 in April :-) Andrew got me 3 gifts and one of them was...
SHELDON!



In May we performed in a play, Xanadu! Andrew was the lead & got to roller skate around stage in short-shorts! 



In May I finished Real Estate Classes and Andrew Finished his General Ed, Classes. Then June 1st was the CF walk in Hollowayville!


I had Triple Hernia Surgery in June too!


In August Andrew and I moved to the Burbs.

Moving Day!





Started Grad School (at Dominican and Work)





In September I had two Weddings ( One I was MOH in) and then we had my 10 year high school reunion and did a CF walk in Peoria!




Then I got Sick, ended up in the hospital for two weeks, withdrew from school, took med leave from work and came home on IV meds!
and



We have been dating for one year at this point and Andrew planned a weekend of suprises for me (including a mini golf course and a visit from my parents)
-sounds geeky, but It's me. I get homesick for my parents a lot too! Best wknd ever!



November 10th: Andrew Climbed 58 flights for CF, raising $310 for CF research, bringing our total for the year to $3,416.50


And before I knew it, it was the holidays!

Thanksgiving- we were creative cooking...




And Christmas 2013!



So Happy New Year Everyone! It has been a crazy, but amazing year!

Now, I gotta start cooking our dinner. Andrew gets off tonight after he closes the restaurant, so I will have everything ready for us (including our sparkling -non-alcoholic- bottles, which we bought at IKEA, because we're cool like that).  We actually decided to not drink, because my liver enzymes were elevated a lot this year and found 3 amazing flavors at IKEA.

I hope everyone had a great year and I can't wait to see what 2014 brings! Even if it ends up being another roller coaster, I will love it!


Comments

  1. Rock on, Cheriz. I'm going to try to emulate your positive attitude. It's hard for me. Wishing you all the best in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! 2013 was a little crazy, but still nice! I'm looking forward to being healthier and being able to do more in 2014! Hope you have a great year too in 2014!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec...

Beginning of the Year Troubles

Normal "beginning of the year" troubles for Andrew and I only really consist of one topic: Our Deductible [please no Obama, or government bashing] I've always had high deductibles ALL MY LIFE (no matter who was president). The problem is I hit my deductible within the first week of January. In the past I have always prepared for this and since I was still on my father's insurance (up until last year) he typically paid the bill (at least for medical stuff). And in the future Andrew & I won't have such an issue with this. We will be able to save and plan ahead for the $3,000 (for my deductible, his is another $3,000). However, this year was more difficult. We saved all 2013-2014 for our wedding & honeymoon, plus had our deductible saved too. But Real Estate was a pricey career to start, I've put almost $5,000 into it (classes, dues, licensing, exam, advertising, etc). So needless to say our deductible disappeared, thanks to my new career. Wh...

The Stork Came!

It finally happened!!! The Stork came to our house!! We had 3 kids placed with us (on August 4th) Friday afternoon. Luckily, Andrew was able to take off Friday-Monday (Aug 4th-7th) to be home as we all adjust the first few days. He then worked 8th-12th, but we needed him back home more until the kiddos started school. So took a full second week off, because it was really rough ! Big thanks to Culvers & Phil for allowing us time we needed. I love having kids in the house, but it's a lot of appointments for these kiddos at first. . For privacy reasons, I will never use their names or post pictures of them.  I have made fake names for these posts. When they called I was a little nervous to take 3 kids at once, especially since I have Cystic Fibrosis. We had agreed on only 2 originally. But, the lady explained the 3 of them really needed somewhere. Most foster parent's don't take sibling groups and it is really rare to find one that will take three, so our hearts wanted to ...