Skip to main content

2013 Expressed By Pics

2013- a Reveiw

I posted Pictures that capture the big moments of 2013- below the description I have posted blog links - incase you want to read about the events more!

2013:

I was cast in a play, where I was a pregnant nagging wife...



But I got 104 fever opening day, was transported by ambulance to Chicago's Hopistal for a Virus and Fungal Infection....



I got out in time to celebrate my BIRTHDAY!


I turned 28 in April :-) Andrew got me 3 gifts and one of them was...
SHELDON!



In May we performed in a play, Xanadu! Andrew was the lead & got to roller skate around stage in short-shorts! 



In May I finished Real Estate Classes and Andrew Finished his General Ed, Classes. Then June 1st was the CF walk in Hollowayville!


I had Triple Hernia Surgery in June too!


In August Andrew and I moved to the Burbs.

Moving Day!





Started Grad School (at Dominican and Work)





In September I had two Weddings ( One I was MOH in) and then we had my 10 year high school reunion and did a CF walk in Peoria!




Then I got Sick, ended up in the hospital for two weeks, withdrew from school, took med leave from work and came home on IV meds!
and



We have been dating for one year at this point and Andrew planned a weekend of suprises for me (including a mini golf course and a visit from my parents)
-sounds geeky, but It's me. I get homesick for my parents a lot too! Best wknd ever!



November 10th: Andrew Climbed 58 flights for CF, raising $310 for CF research, bringing our total for the year to $3,416.50


And before I knew it, it was the holidays!

Thanksgiving- we were creative cooking...




And Christmas 2013!



So Happy New Year Everyone! It has been a crazy, but amazing year!

Now, I gotta start cooking our dinner. Andrew gets off tonight after he closes the restaurant, so I will have everything ready for us (including our sparkling -non-alcoholic- bottles, which we bought at IKEA, because we're cool like that).  We actually decided to not drink, because my liver enzymes were elevated a lot this year and found 3 amazing flavors at IKEA.

I hope everyone had a great year and I can't wait to see what 2014 brings! Even if it ends up being another roller coaster, I will love it!


Comments

  1. Rock on, Cheriz. I'm going to try to emulate your positive attitude. It's hard for me. Wishing you all the best in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! 2013 was a little crazy, but still nice! I'm looking forward to being healthier and being able to do more in 2014! Hope you have a great year too in 2014!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Theatre and Life...how to fit in CF?

Fitting CF into my life: Cystic Fibrosis won't be hard to fit into my schedule right now. As I just finished my job watching my babysitting kids for the year. I'm currently job hunting and taking classes on Mondays at the local community college (as a pre-req for Grad programs/and for fun). Mulan Jr, just ended today. We had two shows. Back-to-back performances are harder, since I had a busy day before the shows, I didn't get a chance to do my meds before the shows. Therefore, I end up bringing my therapy machine along.  Yep, sitting in the light booth and doing my meds, while watching people take their seats. [Note: I turned my therapy machine off when the house lights had to go out.] Its not that hard to fit them in. You just have to be willing to do them sometimes in unexpected places and be willing to have others find out about it. I had two people in the light booth with me, neither knew I had Cystic Fibrosis, but neither were bothered by the nebs. So bottom line