Skip to main content

Garage Sale, Packing, Moving

Moving Day is coming up!


On the 17th Andrew and I will be loading the U-Haul and moving to the burbs! We will be closer to work, school, and my doctor! However, farther from our families. Still moving is always exciting, however a pain. During the day I've been trying to pack as much as I can, so we are not up  all night before we move trying to finish packing. I want it to go as easily as possible. Dad's driving the U haul, Andrew and I will be driving our cars, and our friend Jake will be driving up to help as well! I realized though going from 1,000 sq ft apt to 650 ft is quite a challenge, especially considering the loss of closets and the garage!

I think I have most of the stuff sorted and ready. But still so much more. And living arrangements is only one part of moving. Figuring out school and work was quite a task too! I got into an MSW program, however, I'm going to put off going right away. I want to really get going with real estate. Focus on the state exam and get hired as a broker somewhere. I can do this while working at the Family Video I'm transferring to! That way I can learn the ropes as a broker, see if I would prefer working in Real Estate more than social work. Everyone knows how much I love houses and architecture.

I don't want to add anymore student loans to the pile. So I'm going to put it off for now. Andrew will go to school and work. And I will work in real estate and the family video. In a year or two, if I decide I don't want to do real estate full time I can go back to school. There's no rush. Might as well figure out what I want to do. Besides, I can technically defer my enrollment until spring as a back up-  if I decide real estate isn't for me.

But I doubt that will happen. I love houses, real estate, and the flexibility it offers :-)

So for now that's the plan, but who knows, only time will tell! My next blog won't be until after we move! So tah-tah for the next two weeks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Big Update Time & what I need!

Time Flies: I've been blogging about all these separate things I have going on in my life. My lung function drop, the hospital stay, my stomach/ GI issues, the surgery, the Princeton IL CF walk, my fight with insurance for my Cayston medication/machine, and soooo much more. So here's a bit of a catch up for everyone! Let me start at the very beginning: read my CF history in this brief post here . Now let's skip ahead to the last 6 months. From September 2014 - Feb 2015 I lost 3 CF friends ( it was really tough). In September my best friend with CF (from childhood & on) passed away from CF. I wrote a post about her journey, love for life, and how she was (& is) my inspiration to fund raise (read about Laura's Journey here ). Then in October I got my G-tube taken out/ fistula fixed and removed. YAY YAY YAY! The abdominal surgery was my 15th surgery, so I recovered pretty quickly. I'm beyond thrilled to say after 15 YEARS with a G-tube and needing to u

Oh the Joys of a Colonoscopy!

Colonoscopy, Fun: As you may remember from reading my October Posts (  Oct Post #1   &  2nd Oct Post ) that I was admitted a second time that month for Gastrointestinal issues. I was having stomach cramps and what was believed to be Antibiotic Associated Diarrhea. However, CT scan revealed my colon and intestines were inflammed.  After having a rough 2 months of GI issues, and cuting out most food (diary, meat, grease, carbonated beverages, and sugar). I finally am getting a Colonoscopy to see what in the world is going on! I'm been taking Probiotics, was on meds for both C. diff and AAD. I even added driking Kefir to add to the probiotics and good bacteria.  Only now am I seeing any changes, less stomach aches, etc. I add a 1/2 cup pf the Kefir to my smoothie, its not bad -yum! I really reccommend it and Probiotics (so talk to your doctor about it), it could really help you out! Read about Colonoscopies here! So I'm glad to be getting the procedure done. Instead o