Skip to main content

Clinic Results and more news!

Clinic:

My weight is 94 lbs. So I need to work on that, but my lung function is still at 63%. I'm glad it didn't go down at all. Now to just make it go up... lol. We are working on it. Andrew and I ate at Pinstripes, a nice restaurant that serves upscale food, but has a bocce ball and bowling alley in it! Maybe next time we will play some bocce ball!


Other news I found out at Clinic is that my Vitamin D level is finally up from around 14 to 55. Which is normal enough. I just have to maintain it by taking 50,000 units of vitamin D every week. He said he did notice in my blood work a spike in liver function. But, that could be from antibiotics I was on at the time. So next clinic (in two months) I'm getting my liver re-tested to make sure its not an issue. Overall, nothing big happened at Clinic. It was the first Clinic that Andrew has been able to go to. So afterwards we apartment hunted around the school he/ and hopefully I will be attending in the fall. He's been accepted and is all set. My application date was later and will be hearing back in the next week or so. So assuming I get in and can afford it, we will both be attending Dominican University.

Good news, we checked out a couple job opportunities for us and found an apartment in our price range, within the location I wanted to live, less than 15 minutes from our works, school, and our friends' house. It was a long two days scouting around. We were getting annoyed... Or I guess I was. Seriously, I was frazzled. We stopped at a Gas station to buy a paper and Andrew asked the attendant if he knew any areas. He pointed to one area, where we found four complexes, including the one we decided on! 

It's about half the size of my current apt, but is all brand new. We are the first tenants to be in it, since its complete remodel. Plus, its first floor (no wheezing up flights of stairs with groceries) and we have a lil patio, with sliding doors (which dad will like- since it will be easy to move the furniture in). :-) It is across the street from a park/lake! Oh, and the landlord is really nice. He must be 7 ft tall, he sounds and looks like Robert the brother on "Everybody Loves Raymond". I've been so lucky with great landlords, so lucky to have this place! Can't wait til August 10th <--- moving day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Updates!

 Hey everyone! Sorry it’s been a while. Covid struggles have been all around and we have been focusing our on our kiddo and current life situations (jobs, home, everything really). We have been posting regularly on the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/CherizCFPage). We will keep you updated on there for now,  because we are doing some big changes to our current blog! Stay tuned!  In meantime, message our FB page if you need anything. Keep safe and stay happy.  We will be back. Promise! 

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment