Skip to main content

All the New Things.

All the New Things:

Since my surgery on June 4th I haven't had a stomach feeding pump and unfortunately my weight took a hit. I'm stuck at 90 lbs. I've gotten my new insurance and my new pharmacy to work together and I should be receiving my NEW pump next week. I will have to start off slow (not doing all 4 cans a night) to get my stomach used to it again. And it will be hard considering I get off work some nights at midnight then go back to work the next morning at my 2nd job. But if I speed it up at night I should be able to do all four cans and 1,250 calories during the night.

The upsetting part is more that I can't gain the weight without the feeding. I always had the goal of getting rid of my stomach tube. I wanted it to be before I was 30. Well, I now have realized in the last month dropping 10 lbs. that its not gonna happen. Its going to be a permanent part of me.

Also, new... I have been working a new 2nd job to save money so Andrew and I can move to Chicago for school! If I can afford it I will be working on my Masters in Social Work, while working part time in real estate and part time as a server or something. I really hope we can save the money and it works out! I'd love to go to Grad School this fall :-) Otherwise I can work for a year and then go next year.

Another new thing, I'm going to Florida at the end of this month! One of my best friends lives there and she helped me get a plane ticket to come for week, then she is moving back to Illinois at the end of the week and I'm keeping her company for the drive. Considering I get car sick it could be interesting...lol (I just get headaches, not like throw up car sick.) However thanks to CF I could always throw up too... lol Always keepin it exciting. I'm super excited to see her and spend the week in Florida, but I'm nervous flying by myself again. I hate flying by myself. I have a two hour lay over in Georgia and will be bored out of my mind, but it will be worth it once I'm there!

I'm also starting to talk long walks with my friend Sarah again. I'm gonna work my way back up to jogging since my surgery, since I'm still having a few issues with my mesh (that's in me). So back on the road to recovery once again. YAY!

Hope everyone had a Happy 4th of July!

I wasn't feeling the best, so we opted not to do the fireworks and are going this weekend (since we both have the same night off :-) yay)! Instead we rented some movies and Andrew made us hamburgers and pasta for dinner. Halfway through the movies I mentioned soda pop sounded good. He pauses the movie and off we drove to Wal-Mart to buy root beer and ice cream! Root beer floats, movies, and a night off of work to spend with Andrew = a GREAT 4th of July. I'm one very lucky lady to have such an amazing guy in my life! I love him very much!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Theatre and Life...how to fit in CF?

Fitting CF into my life: Cystic Fibrosis won't be hard to fit into my schedule right now. As I just finished my job watching my babysitting kids for the year. I'm currently job hunting and taking classes on Mondays at the local community college (as a pre-req for Grad programs/and for fun). Mulan Jr, just ended today. We had two shows. Back-to-back performances are harder, since I had a busy day before the shows, I didn't get a chance to do my meds before the shows. Therefore, I end up bringing my therapy machine along.  Yep, sitting in the light booth and doing my meds, while watching people take their seats. [Note: I turned my therapy machine off when the house lights had to go out.] Its not that hard to fit them in. You just have to be willing to do them sometimes in unexpected places and be willing to have others find out about it. I had two people in the light booth with me, neither knew I had Cystic Fibrosis, but neither were bothered by the nebs. So bottom line