Skip to main content

2013: The CF Walk & update!

CF Walk 2013 HollowayVille:

The CF walk went amazing! I had a team of 32 people and we raised around $3,000 for the Cf Foundation! The walk was at a location pretty close to my hometown, which worked well for my family and friends! I had so much fun and feel so lucky to have so many people who care about me and what happens with research for Cystic Fibrosis.








Surgery:

I'm all scheduled to have my surgery tomorrow. It has been cancelled twice since March due to my getting sick or having medical problems come up. And once again, I now have some sores in my mouth and on my lips(just like I did when I got that virus/thrush in March). So I'm pretty sure they won't be operating on me tomorrow. I called Dr. Boas and now I'm just waiting for a response. I'm not sure what they will want me to do. As long as it doesn't get worse I shouldn't have to be hospitalized. He will probably order some meds for me and we will see what happens!

I'm so bummed, I really just want this surgery to be done with, what horrible luck. If the surgery was done I could recover and be back to my old dancing/jogging self. Its hard not to lift heavy objects, run around, or dance. I want to work on my lung function and overall health, its hard to do I'm limited with activity, etc.

So I will just wait and see what happens. I can't take off more time from work this summer. I will probably end up pushing it off until this Fall. Frustrating.

I have been doing all my meds though, and will continue to keep up with them. I made the promise:

As of right now, I owe all meds through Sept 28th. If my Team's final amount does reach $3,000 then I will owe all meds through November 7th!
So thanks to everyone donating I will hopefully be one very healthy girl soon! :-) Love <3

I will blog some updates on surgery and final amount raised tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates!

 Hey everyone! Sorry it’s been a while. Covid struggles have been all around and we have been focusing our on our kiddo and current life situations (jobs, home, everything really). We have been posting regularly on the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/CherizCFPage). We will keep you updated on there for now,  because we are doing some big changes to our current blog! Stay tuned!  In meantime, message our FB page if you need anything. Keep safe and stay happy.  We will be back. Promise! 

End of Summer -Updates!

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year since we moved our blog to www.MoreThanDNA.org! A lot has happened in that year. My husband and I became Foster Parents to some amazing kiddos and still have one of those kiddos living with us. We have loved having "Shoes" with us and can't believe how much he has grown and learned in the year!I'm so proud of him! We have court next week, so prayers that it goes okay (and doesn't get continued again- that just drags it out longer for the kids). He is now 39 months old and starting Pre-K this month! Other big changes include: Some renovation to our home (complete Bath rehab & updated plumbing throughout), I started a new gene-targeting medication (symdeko) that is helping to keep me stable these last 3 months, and I got an AffloVest! I'm loving my new portable vest! Also, career wise...we both switched jobs! Andrew also started Seminary this summer to get a Masters Degree in Divinity. He has always wanted to be

Petechiae fading, Wow Week!

Yep, Roller Coaster Week: Overall, the week had been great. I've been having lots of positive things happening lately and I was even home last weekend for my birthday ( Read about my FABULOUS Birthday HERE) . Andrew did a lot of planning  for my birthday, I had clinical trial Thurs, which went fairly decent. Lots of good things had been happening and then bam, saw those spots. Well... Whew, thank goodness those spots faded a lot over the weekend! I was really worried about those petehciae. A lot of it had to do with the memories of my mom being really sick in the past. ( Read about why I was worried HERE)  So Saturday, Andrew and I drove to the hospital to get the blood work. Doc understood I had a wedding I really wanted to attend, so he rushed the results. So here Andrew and I were sitting in the car waiting for the call from Doc. Doc was going to tell me if I was Anemic, or if anything else concerning showed up. If so, I'd miss the wedding and have to come see doc. But