Skip to main content

I had my surgery finally! YAY!

Surgery:

I was sick all last weekend and didn't think Doc would go through with my surgery. However, we did. Dr. C (my surgeon) said it went well, the only surprise was that, I had 3 hernias instead of two that they had to repair. Which means I had more mesh put in my abdomen and groin muscle wall.

To be honest I was moving around fine, but I cough a lot. Which means the mesh digs into me and that can hurt if I get into a coughing fit. I had the surgery Tuesday.  Surgeries tend to make my intestines block up ( I know TMI, but I know many CFers deal with this, especially after surgeries). So Wednesday and Thursday were not ideal after surgery, but Andrew and I had a Downton Abbey Marathon. We are hooked. Mom had bought me season 1 for Easter and I got Season 2 from Ada for my Birthday! So even though those days were rough, I still enjoyed them. Luckily, by Friday Night I was starting to feel better, and yesterday I even got to go to Wal-Mart. I know exciting right? lol.

Today, though I'm going to Peoria to lunch and a movie with Andrew and my Uncles. I start back to work this coming weekend too! I got a 2nd job too, yay for saving money again! I need to save quite a bit this summer in order to move to Chicago for School in the Fall.

I'm sooo happy I finally got this done. It may still be awhile before I can carry a tray/serve tables. But at least I'm healing well and will be back to my old self soon. I'd like to start training for the 5K homestead weekend!
I did it last year. I didn't come in quite last. But I'm just happy I finished. I'd like to beat my time this year though. So I need to start soon in the next few weeks or so.

So glad everything had worked out so well.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Updates!

 Hey everyone! Sorry it’s been a while. Covid struggles have been all around and we have been focusing our on our kiddo and current life situations (jobs, home, everything really). We have been posting regularly on the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/CherizCFPage). We will keep you updated on there for now,  because we are doing some big changes to our current blog! Stay tuned!  In meantime, message our FB page if you need anything. Keep safe and stay happy.  We will be back. Promise! 

End of Summer -Updates!

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year since we moved our blog to www.MoreThanDNA.org! A lot has happened in that year. My husband and I became Foster Parents to some amazing kiddos and still have one of those kiddos living with us. We have loved having "Shoes" with us and can't believe how much he has grown and learned in the year!I'm so proud of him! We have court next week, so prayers that it goes okay (and doesn't get continued again- that just drags it out longer for the kids). He is now 39 months old and starting Pre-K this month! Other big changes include: Some renovation to our home (complete Bath rehab & updated plumbing throughout), I started a new gene-targeting medication (symdeko) that is helping to keep me stable these last 3 months, and I got an AffloVest! I'm loving my new portable vest! Also, career wise...we both switched jobs! Andrew also started Seminary this summer to get a Masters Degree in Divinity. He has always wanted to be

Petechiae fading, Wow Week!

Yep, Roller Coaster Week: Overall, the week had been great. I've been having lots of positive things happening lately and I was even home last weekend for my birthday ( Read about my FABULOUS Birthday HERE) . Andrew did a lot of planning  for my birthday, I had clinical trial Thurs, which went fairly decent. Lots of good things had been happening and then bam, saw those spots. Well... Whew, thank goodness those spots faded a lot over the weekend! I was really worried about those petehciae. A lot of it had to do with the memories of my mom being really sick in the past. ( Read about why I was worried HERE)  So Saturday, Andrew and I drove to the hospital to get the blood work. Doc understood I had a wedding I really wanted to attend, so he rushed the results. So here Andrew and I were sitting in the car waiting for the call from Doc. Doc was going to tell me if I was Anemic, or if anything else concerning showed up. If so, I'd miss the wedding and have to come see doc. But