Skip to main content

My week and this Summer!

Plans, Plans, Plans:

I haven't been blogging much, sorry. Failure on my part. Now that school is done, I'm hoping to have more time to blog.

This week my classes ended, however, I'm still studying Real Estate, since I'm taking the state exam in a couple weeks. After I pass that I can get a job doing real estate. I know it is purely commission based, so at first I won't make much. But, my plan is just to learn the ropes this summer working at an agency and then get hired at an agency located by where I'm going to school in the fall.

I'm waiting to hear back from the 2 schools I applied to, but it may be a few more weeks. Fingers crossed. I want to get my Masters in Social Work and pay my way through school using real estate.

Serving (even though I really enjoy it) won't work after I move. My muscle wall (in my stomach, etc) is pretty weak due to years of coughing and strain, so little holes develop and before I even realize it...yep, hernia. I've had them before and have had them fixed a couple times.  I have two, one has been bothering me the last week. And today, I noticed pain at another location that could be one. So... yeah. I need to stop running around and lifting heavy objects... right, me not run around.

I was hoping to put it off until August (so I don't have to take off work). I hoping to move to Chicago around August 1st and start classes middle of the month. So it would be ideal timing, but since it actually has been bothering me that makes it more of a priority. Unfortunately that makes saving harder, being off from work always makes saving money harder. So fingers crossed I can make the money I need to move to Chicago.

Anyway, that about catches everyone up! Hopefully, my next blog will be sooner :-) Also, tonight I went jogging for the first time in a while ( due to med issues I wasn't able to). Wow, I can tell. I didn't even get the full mile in before my lungs hurt and I was coughing. I had to turn around and call it quits. Sadness, We'll see what Clinic results say Tuesday and then I'll just have to keep trying harder.  Which I can do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Clinical Trial Mess

A Clinical Trial Mess: Monday, I had an appointment for a clinical trial evaluation. Let me start out by saying, I always get  amazing care at my doctors...HOWEVER, this evaluation was done by a third party brought in to handle the research. The research nurse was a flibberty jibbet. She was nice, but kept just re-organizing her supplies, like she didn't know what to do. She seemed nervous. She mentioned she usually had another nurse with her. She took my weight, height, urine test, pre-med spirometry test (PFT-pulmonary function test) Next she decided to draw the blood, while waiting for the pft results to print. She got out the supplies and the sterile paper that she places it all on. She dropped te paper on the floor and proceeded to place the packaged needles and supplies on it.... So in my head I tell myself "Okay...( inhale control exhale my germfreak...) it's okay, it won't kill me..it only touches the bottom of my arm, not the actual place that she is dra

Laura/Lara- two amazing gals

Laura and Lara Today, was a pretty normal day. Work, Meds, Jog, Blog. Instead of jogging, we walked 2.5 miles. (which I recorded in my spreadsheet and I will be doing data analysis later using all the variables I can come up with...) But here is the more EXCITING part of my day: I was asked a week ago to be a guestblogger for  Lara's Blog . She is climbing  Mt. Kilimanjaro to raise awareness & funds for CF in memory of her best friend Emma! I hope everyone goes to her blog and wishes her good luck! She posted my introduction and guestblog today!!! So check it out  Right HERE! Lara, Thank you for your hard work and dedication to helping find a cure for CF! AND then there is Laura ( a different Laura), she is my best friend. Laura has CF too (we met when we were really young)!!! I know she has been going through a tough time. But she is the one who got me invovled in CF awareness! My first CF fundriaser was in 2008 at a CF Walk that Laura told me I should do... and I hav

Cystic Fibrosis= a lot of recycling

CF and Recycling: I never realized how much I recycled until I moved to a town where I don't receive curb-side pick up. Instead we fill up our trunks and drive it 20 mins to a neighboring town's recycling center. Also, my pharmacy is in this town, just a few blocks away.  It's meant to be.... I've always recycled a lot and have been earth friendly. I have convinced quite a few others into being "recyclers" too. Most of my college roommates and friends learned early on it was easier to break down the  boxes, rinse out the cans, and recycle, rather than here my 20 minute "soapbox" talks every time I found a recyclable product in the trash. Just ask them...lol So I've heard people discuss the fact my recycling container in the kitchen is your average 13 gallon can, whereas my trash in the kitchen is small (like a bathroom or an "under the desk" size can) is beyond weird looking. They may look funny next to each other. But th