Skip to main content

One week til my surgery (all the details).

One more week!

I've had many surgeries throughout my life ( 14 ish I believe). Most due to intestinal twisting and complications. I've had a couple mediports ( a disc, that is an automatic IV Line in my chest), stomach tube, etc. Not a big deal, right? Just another surgery. Here is an article about the surgery they are doing on me too: Read It Here! - Double Inguinal Hernia Repair.

Not a big deal, Right... totally.

I have an amazing surgeon, who is VERY talented and really cares about the patients.. unlike the last guy I went to see about this problem. I knew I needed a new mesh put in, I could tell the hernia (both sides of my groan) repairs both needed to be fixed.  The last surgeon, said I was too much of a "risk" and thought I should just "take it easy, stop dancing, etc" .... HA HA HA. no way. That's ridiculous. I blogged about him and his "amazing" bed side manner in This Blog!

I'm sooo thankful to have this new surgeon! I can't wait to just get this over with, I have been putting it off for almost 2 years, working on getting my health up more. I'm almost back to the health I was at in 2003 when I had my last surgery.

2003! Isn't that crazy! I had sooo many surgeries as a child, yet, I haven't had one in 10 years. I think that might be why I'm a lil nervous. In 2003 I had a major medical emergency/ surgery and it was bad. You know its not good, when friends who never visit the hospital come up to see you.

So that is my last memory of a surgery. I remember having complications with the anesthesia, etc. However, It was a major surgery and it was a horrific night. I wrote about that emergency/ambulance trip, etc and the surgery in This Blog Here!

Bottom Line: The surgey is not a major surgery, its not an emergency, I'm really healthy right now, and I have spring break to heal. It should all work out perfectly. I think my dad, mom, and boyfriend are all going to be there.  I just wanted to keep everyone posted on what the surgery was for and why I may be a lil nervous, which I think is irrational of me. But, that's okay.

I'm just glad I got all my pre-surgical testing done today!

And best news of the day, a Cyster (CF online friend) got her new lungs a couple days ago and she is off the vent and breathing on her own now! <3

found this on pinterest the other day and thought of her and all the fibros and cysters waiting for lungs and fighting to keep their lungs!!




Comments

  1. Sorry about the bed side on that last surgeon. i'm glad you moved on and found one who is passionate about his patients!
    Best wishes <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Big Update Time & what I need!

Time Flies: I've been blogging about all these separate things I have going on in my life. My lung function drop, the hospital stay, my stomach/ GI issues, the surgery, the Princeton IL CF walk, my fight with insurance for my Cayston medication/machine, and soooo much more. So here's a bit of a catch up for everyone! Let me start at the very beginning: read my CF history in this brief post here . Now let's skip ahead to the last 6 months. From September 2014 - Feb 2015 I lost 3 CF friends ( it was really tough). In September my best friend with CF (from childhood & on) passed away from CF. I wrote a post about her journey, love for life, and how she was (& is) my inspiration to fund raise (read about Laura's Journey here ). Then in October I got my G-tube taken out/ fistula fixed and removed. YAY YAY YAY! The abdominal surgery was my 15th surgery, so I recovered pretty quickly. I'm beyond thrilled to say after 15 YEARS with a G-tube and needing to u