Skip to main content

Cancelled surgery and seizures

Craziness

 My surgery got cancelled. My Dr. didn't clear me for it. Bummerz So I'm gonna have to push it back til summer. I can't afford  to miss another two weeks of classes and work right now anyway. 

I would have loved to get it done with. And my waitressing and dancing in the play will make it worse over time. So that's :-( But it will be fine until classes are over and then I will try scheduling it again.

Plus side: My sister will be home in the summer, so she can stay with me if I need her to.up having a Planet of the Apes Marathon is awesome! She is a Music Teacher at a private Catholic School and teaches Elementary Music PreK- 8th, Choir and Band!  Side Note: I won't miss classes, or more rehearsals. If I had it this week I prolly would still be not 100% by my birthday. AND I have more time to get my weight and lung function up before then.

 OTHER craziness:

I've been having more of my seizure things. I  have two types: 1. sometimes I'm just really slow- motion, like it takes me a while to connect what people are saying, etc. I feel tired and shaky and my breathing is shallow.  Type 2. The worse kind. Never last more than a few minutes, I think. I'm not sure. I go completely numb. I sometimes shake, I think cuz I'm not breathing well. Sometimes I forget to breath and then I gasp, Sometimes I can talk, If they are really bad I can't talk ( i have spoken gibberish before). Since I go numb, I get confused to where I am, if I'm alone. My eyesight gets weird. I feel like I'm not in my body almost. So I freak out. I hate being alone when it happens, but I feel bad when I'm with someone. There isn't much anyone can do for me, except remind me to take deep breaths.

The Neurologist said a couple years ago that they were due to mostly lack of oxygen, prolly mixed with lack of sleep and calories. He thinks its my body's way of warning me I'm in crash mode. So bottom line, there wasn't much he said besides "do what I should" and then he took my license away for 6 months.

So I'm not sure if I want to go back. BUT... If I keep having them, I will. Cuz after I have them I crash and sleep and don't feel well the rest of the day. I can't have a headache and sleep all day after having them. Besides, if I do that, then I'm not eating or doing all my meds too and that makes it worse... what a cycle.

However, I just got out of the hospital and then I went right back to classes and didn't really take it easy. So maybe that in a combination with the fact I have been coughing more (AKA: my lungs are crappy, maybe I'm lil sick ) could have triggered the series of seizures the past two days.

So we'll see what happens. I'm doing everything I need to today. Hopefully, they disappear. If not I'm not on my work schedules this week, I could make an appt.  Keep ya posted!

Oh and I excitingly got to see some of my friends this weekend for the FIRST time since getting sick two weeks ago! We saw a play, sang some karaoke, and went out for food! Good stuff :-)

Comments

  1. I'm glad you are I wouldn't know what I would do without you love Laura B :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Big Update Time & what I need!

Time Flies: I've been blogging about all these separate things I have going on in my life. My lung function drop, the hospital stay, my stomach/ GI issues, the surgery, the Princeton IL CF walk, my fight with insurance for my Cayston medication/machine, and soooo much more. So here's a bit of a catch up for everyone! Let me start at the very beginning: read my CF history in this brief post here . Now let's skip ahead to the last 6 months. From September 2014 - Feb 2015 I lost 3 CF friends ( it was really tough). In September my best friend with CF (from childhood & on) passed away from CF. I wrote a post about her journey, love for life, and how she was (& is) my inspiration to fund raise (read about Laura's Journey here ). Then in October I got my G-tube taken out/ fistula fixed and removed. YAY YAY YAY! The abdominal surgery was my 15th surgery, so I recovered pretty quickly. I'm beyond thrilled to say after 15 YEARS with a G-tube and needing to u