Skip to main content

Happy 1 year Blog!

Happy 1 year Blog and Chicago!


Today is the mark of one full year of blogging! I started my blogging on Feb 12, 2012.  I was told I should share my experiences about living with CF with others, and there it started. To learn about me, read my summary on my life/ Cf/ Med problems Click HERE  and to read my first few blog entries Click HERE!

I hope everyone has loved reading and being a part of my blog. As of Today I have had over 7,765 visits on my site in the past year. My first few blogs averaged 15- 20 views per entry. Now I range between 60-80 views per blog. I'm pretty happy that it seems people have enjoyed reading. As long as people continue to follow my blog, I will continue writing!

Chicago
This past weekend my boyfriend and I went to Chicago. On Saturday we got up there in the early evening and hung out with a couple friends. Then we went to dinner at The Signature Room (95th Floor of the Hancock Building). It was amazing, the food, the company, and the veiw of course!

Here was our veiw:

 We walked around Chicago for a bit both days and sunday we went to Navy Pier to see Julius Caesar at the Shakespear Theatre! The play was amazing! And I had a lot of fun this weekend. It is weird to think how few times I have actually been in Chicago, while all my life living a few hours away. We got back late on Sunday, I did some homework and fell asleep, what an ending to an amazing weekend...lol


Even with the busy weekend I got my meds done and I didn't lose any weight. In fact I gained a pound. I weigh 94 ish now! I have to focus on health, work, school, the plays I'm in, and applying to grad schools. I have no time to worry about housework. So as I sit here, doing therapies and blogging, I can see things I need to put away or do. It is annoying, because honestly, I like to clean (if I can listen to and dance to music). Cleaning is instant gratification and it can be fun. But sadly, my house it going to get messy this week. Saturday I can clean it in the morning though! When does everyone else clean? At night before bed, throughout the day, I never have the time and lately nor the energy to get myself to do it, except on my days off. My days off turn into massive cleaning binges (my house is never that dirty, I'm just a lil obsessive about it).

Also, once my weight it 98 ish I'm going to start hard core jogging again. And next week I hope to start lifting weights with a friend of mine (he's a trainer/body builder), so he's going to help me out. Maybe, I can get some muscle on my scrawny arms. yay!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Exercise is VITAL to my HEALTH!

One big promise I have struggled with in past, present, and probably future is to EXERCISE! I know a lot of people struggle with the same problem, regardless is they have CF. We are too good at making excuses for ourselves. I don't have time, I don't feel good, I will start next week. I was on the right track in 2012. I was doing musicals, where I was singing or dancing every night. AND I was coming home to walk or jog almost 5x a week! I started slow and added more distance as I could. I would walk 2x a week with a friend. This is where I focused on distance & length, not speed. Then on the opposite nights, I would jog as much as I could, walk catch breath, and repeat. I had more muscle, was eating more, gaining weight, and my lung function was the highest it had ever been! 60 - 64% <--- WOW! I was single, didn't have a TV (on purpose) and kept myself accountable through my blog & friend (w CF) Laura. Since then a lot has changed. Living with another pers