Skip to main content

Upcoming Chicago Weekend

Chicago Weekend:

I requested off from both my jobs, I don't have any play practices, etc; And I'm going to Chicago this weekend! I've been looking forward to the trip ever since Christmas! It was part the of the Christmas present Andrew gave me!

I even got to sleep until 9:00am this morning! Now, I'm just doing my meds and packing my bag for Chicago. I've been doing as much as I can medically since my Clinic Thurs. I was so disappointed in myself. I can't afford to let my numbers drop like that. Not if I want them to increase more. Things I need to start doing EVERYDAY:

10 nebulizers
1 hour of my vest (once I get my new one)
eat at least 2,500 calories
sleep at least 6 hours
take all my pills
do my inhalers
exercise/lift/jog (at least one of them)
take at least 1,050 calories through my stomach feeding at night.

If I can fit this into my schedule everyday, then I will be doing awesome! If I stick to this, then I can have a rewarding clinic on May 11th!

A good start: I'm packing all my meds this weekend! The awesome part is I just had my last dose of Cayston, so I start Tobi now! Switching my nebulizer antibiotics kills my singing voice. It takes away my higher range. But, Tobi is only twice a day and doesn't require a 2nd machine!

Which makes packing easier! Yay! Plus, I won't be running around serving tables, dancing, etc this weekend, so I shouldn't lose as many calories. And I will probably eat more calories than normal too! So not only will this weekend be amazingly fun, but help me gain some weight back too!

Believe it or not, I haven't been to Chicago much. I've taken the train in a couple of times, gone to Navy Pier, some museumes, etc. But not much else. So I'm very much looking forward to this weekend!

I hope you all have a great weekend as well!

ps. I updated my clinic charts on my "Clinic and Health" page!


Comments

  1. Cheriz you are such an amazing person. I think if there is someone to look up to it is you! you are so possitive and encouraging. What an honor to be apart of your journey. I know you will accomplish everything you set your mind to. I really get inspired by reading all of your blogs. whether good or bad they are uplifting, and possitive no matter what comes your way. Keep up all the impact you make on others live. !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I'm glad you enjoy reading them! I enjoy sharing. The hardest part about CF, since all CFers have different mutations, no CFer are exactly alike. It helps to hear about others to be able to know we aren't alone. I hope I can do that for some of the CF Community! And my postive outlook comes from my parents! They are truely amazing! Thanks for following :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Big Update Time & what I need!

Time Flies: I've been blogging about all these separate things I have going on in my life. My lung function drop, the hospital stay, my stomach/ GI issues, the surgery, the Princeton IL CF walk, my fight with insurance for my Cayston medication/machine, and soooo much more. So here's a bit of a catch up for everyone! Let me start at the very beginning: read my CF history in this brief post here . Now let's skip ahead to the last 6 months. From September 2014 - Feb 2015 I lost 3 CF friends ( it was really tough). In September my best friend with CF (from childhood & on) passed away from CF. I wrote a post about her journey, love for life, and how she was (& is) my inspiration to fund raise (read about Laura's Journey here ). Then in October I got my G-tube taken out/ fistula fixed and removed. YAY YAY YAY! The abdominal surgery was my 15th surgery, so I recovered pretty quickly. I'm beyond thrilled to say after 15 YEARS with a G-tube and needing to u