Skip to main content

10 therapies = 1 good day!

New Years:

I have never taken New Year's Resolutions seriously, I actually never even make them. This year I decided to see if I could keep up with one.

I decided a few days before New Years that my goal would be to do 5 nebulizers (out of 9 a day) and jog. However, the first two days of the year I had enough time (or made enough time in my schedule) to be able to do all 10 nebulizer treatments!

So I'm going to keep doing all of them and see how long I can go. My Vest Machine is broken, so I can't do my vest. But I'm pretty active, I do theatre, dance, and even my waitressing can give my lungs a work out. So until I get the insurance to okay the new machine It should be fine.

I'm not sure how often I will jog, since it is still freezing out, but I enjoy jogging, so once I can I will be out jogging.

Doing all my meds takes quite a bit of time, I do 4 in the morning, 3 in the afternoon and 3 at night. (I'm doing ten right now, since I'm on Cayston this month). Cayston months I do 10, Tobi months I do 9, since Tobi only has to be done 2x a day. I'm not sure how they will all fit, once I'm in classes, waitressing, and with play rehearsals. But I will cross that bridge when I get there.

For now, I'm just extremely happy I got up 2 hours before work and had enough time to do them! I've also done the equivalent of 3 cans of stomach feeding each night. Clinic is in 2 months I have to get my numbers back up! In July of 2012 I was at 107 lbs and 61% lung function. Considering in 2010 I was in the 30s for lung function and dropped really low in weight for two months (below 90 lbs)... I KNOW I do not want to go back to there.

 (ps. In November I was 102 lbs, and 59 % lung function. Right now I'm 96 lbs and prolly 57% ish.) So let's see what I can do in the next two months!!! Gotta get those numbers up!!!

Comments

  1. Awesome job with the treatments, but sorry to hear about the Vest. I have been in the 30's before and I agree that I never want to go back there! It is a scary place to be.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Big Update Time & what I need!

Time Flies: I've been blogging about all these separate things I have going on in my life. My lung function drop, the hospital stay, my stomach/ GI issues, the surgery, the Princeton IL CF walk, my fight with insurance for my Cayston medication/machine, and soooo much more. So here's a bit of a catch up for everyone! Let me start at the very beginning: read my CF history in this brief post here . Now let's skip ahead to the last 6 months. From September 2014 - Feb 2015 I lost 3 CF friends ( it was really tough). In September my best friend with CF (from childhood & on) passed away from CF. I wrote a post about her journey, love for life, and how she was (& is) my inspiration to fund raise (read about Laura's Journey here ). Then in October I got my G-tube taken out/ fistula fixed and removed. YAY YAY YAY! The abdominal surgery was my 15th surgery, so I recovered pretty quickly. I'm beyond thrilled to say after 15 YEARS with a G-tube and needing to u