Skip to main content

Wedding and Wedding.

Tonight's Weddings!


Today/Tonight I had two weddings. My cousin's was first. It was in Peoria and it had a nice break between the wedding and reception. Which was the perfect amount of time for a Starbucks Stop. YUM! Then my family went to my cousin's reception. We then left to drive an hour and 10 minutes to the next wedding. Of course, Ada and Mom drove in  Ada's car from Peoria (Mom stayed in Peoria for 2 days visiting my sister) and I drove Dad to the reception, cuz Mom had their van. It was weird us driving our parents and in seperate cars. But it is nice having one-on-one chat time with Dad.

At my cousin's wedding, there were soooo many family members I wanted to catch up with!I talked a lot(shocker...I know...LOL). However, I tend to lose my voice quite often (1. when I talk too much and don't have enough sleep, and when I start a nebulizer-TOBI). Of course, today I did all 3. I stayed up late last night with some friends, then started the nebulizer today, AND I talked a lot at the reception.


 [Truth Moment: I missed my afternoon and evenings therapies, but sometimes it just happens. I allow it for certain events (very rarely). But tomorrow, I'm doing them ALL! ]

Dad and I get in my car (to leave the first reception) and I tell him "I don't think I'm going to be able to talk the rest of the night, if I want my voice back for work tomorrow." Dad's Response: "YES! (fist pump).  Of course, he had to listen to my music the whole time, since we were in my car :-)

Both Weddings were very fun and beautiful! I was excited to see my sister and give her the little gift I got her when I was on vacation. Plus, I got to wear my dress (it was a present and I hadn't had a chance to wear it yet), I got to talk to relatives I hadn't seen in years, AND I got to dance with cutest guy at the reception,
(note: he is 4 yrs old and calls me "sheesh") I miss babysitting the lil guy.  He was ADORABLE singing Michael Jackson songs! He really got into dancing too!

Great Day, Great Weekend! and hopefully my voice will come back for work tomorrow! Congrats to Jessica and Nick and Allison and Jerad!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Theatre and Life...how to fit in CF?

Fitting CF into my life: Cystic Fibrosis won't be hard to fit into my schedule right now. As I just finished my job watching my babysitting kids for the year. I'm currently job hunting and taking classes on Mondays at the local community college (as a pre-req for Grad programs/and for fun). Mulan Jr, just ended today. We had two shows. Back-to-back performances are harder, since I had a busy day before the shows, I didn't get a chance to do my meds before the shows. Therefore, I end up bringing my therapy machine along.  Yep, sitting in the light booth and doing my meds, while watching people take their seats. [Note: I turned my therapy machine off when the house lights had to go out.] Its not that hard to fit them in. You just have to be willing to do them sometimes in unexpected places and be willing to have others find out about it. I had two people in the light booth with me, neither knew I had Cystic Fibrosis, but neither were bothered by the nebs. So bottom line