Skip to main content

Hair Cuts and Horror Films. Random, but still my thoughts for the day!

I need a Hair cut & my experience with Horror Films.
I got up super early to finish a paper that was due, but had to be at the school by 8:00am, so I left my house at 7:20. I had been up since 5 working on my paper and I knew I wouldn't have time to do my hair. So I just let it dry naturally.

Yipes! Bad idea. My hair is short (here I will take a picture real quick of me holding out a piece of the longest parts). And you get to see my nebulizer treatment, I used the mask today, cuz the mouth piece didn't get washed last night with the first batch of med cups. Its in the batch to be washed this morning. And I'm lazy. So I decided to just use the mask. I know it looks pretty cool.

Back to my point. My hair has grown out quite a bit since I had it cut at the end of July! The problem is I can't decide what to do with my hair now. I'm getting bored of it being short, but I like how it looks short. I look more my age with short hair. When I have long hair, people think I'm way younger.
BUT,  I miss wearing it curly, when it is this short the curl looks weird. That's why I'm thinking about going back to a bob like this:



I just really miss my curls. I have to straighten my hair on any day I don't want curls and with my super short hair that means straightening it every day, or my longer-ish bangs with curl out and make lil horns...




Horror Films: it makes no sense:
Tonight, I'm going to watch old black and white scary movies with a couple friends. Haha, baby steps. I'm trying to get used to liking horror movies. Most of my friends do, including my sister, but I never have and I'm not even surewhy. I have watched about 3 newer scary movies and it went well. It is ridiculous I get scared. I can go through any medical procedure, change my own stomach tube, and have been awake why they threaded a hook up through a vein (starting in my leg that went all the way up to my chest). It felt like live worms were crawling up my vein, it was kinda cool, but is creepy at the same time. So why can I not watch horror films. It is a ridiculous thing. I'm going to change it starting NOW, well after I get off work.








Comments

  1. Maybe you don't like horror films for the same reason I don't... you know they are not REAL so they seems silly & boring, nothing like the REAL horrors you've been through & seen, right?

    Not to mention, that when you watch them & get scared, you end up freaking yourself out by telling yourself you're not scared, & there's no scary clown under your bed waiting for you to fall asleep so it can cut your pinky toes off to use in some scary soup...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for posting. and hahaha. maybe. You could be right about seeing real horrors and add that to my imagination...Makes sense. But last night we watched a zombie movie, I forget the name now, but It was ok. I am very analytical when watching movies. I love movies, even highly predictable ones. However, its the movies that make me think or change how I feel that I really enjoy. I like learning from a movie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Theatre and Life...how to fit in CF?

Fitting CF into my life: Cystic Fibrosis won't be hard to fit into my schedule right now. As I just finished my job watching my babysitting kids for the year. I'm currently job hunting and taking classes on Mondays at the local community college (as a pre-req for Grad programs/and for fun). Mulan Jr, just ended today. We had two shows. Back-to-back performances are harder, since I had a busy day before the shows, I didn't get a chance to do my meds before the shows. Therefore, I end up bringing my therapy machine along.  Yep, sitting in the light booth and doing my meds, while watching people take their seats. [Note: I turned my therapy machine off when the house lights had to go out.] Its not that hard to fit them in. You just have to be willing to do them sometimes in unexpected places and be willing to have others find out about it. I had two people in the light booth with me, neither knew I had Cystic Fibrosis, but neither were bothered by the nebs. So bottom line