Skip to main content

Laura/Lara- two amazing gals

Laura and Lara

Today, was a pretty normal day. Work, Meds, Jog, Blog. Instead of jogging, we walked 2.5 miles. (which I recorded in my spreadsheet and I will be doing data analysis later using all the variables I can come up with...) But here is the more EXCITING part of my day:

I was asked a week ago to be a guestblogger for  Lara's Blog. She is climbing  Mt. Kilimanjaro to raise awareness & funds for CF in memory of her best friend Emma! I hope everyone goes to her blog and wishes her good luck!

She posted my introduction and guestblog today!!! So check it out Right HERE!
Lara, Thank you for your hard work and dedication to helping find a cure for CF!

AND then there is Laura ( a different Laura), she is my best friend. Laura has CF too (we met when we were really young)!!! I know she has been going through a tough time. But she is the one who got me invovled in CF awareness! My first CF fundriaser was in 2008 at a CF Walk that Laura told me I should do... and I have been doing them ever since!

So Laura, here is some more inspiration for you!



or for Laura's Video Click below!

  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10101666382188550&l=2130842238946450796

Well, time to make my stomach feeding and head to bed...

Comments

  1. Loved having you do a guest post for my blog. Thank you again! I look forward to reading your updates and daily happenings. I will definitely keep you posted with news of how the big summit goes. Wishing you and your friend Laura all the very best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec...

Beginning of the Year Troubles

Normal "beginning of the year" troubles for Andrew and I only really consist of one topic: Our Deductible [please no Obama, or government bashing] I've always had high deductibles ALL MY LIFE (no matter who was president). The problem is I hit my deductible within the first week of January. In the past I have always prepared for this and since I was still on my father's insurance (up until last year) he typically paid the bill (at least for medical stuff). And in the future Andrew & I won't have such an issue with this. We will be able to save and plan ahead for the $3,000 (for my deductible, his is another $3,000). However, this year was more difficult. We saved all 2013-2014 for our wedding & honeymoon, plus had our deductible saved too. But Real Estate was a pricey career to start, I've put almost $5,000 into it (classes, dues, licensing, exam, advertising, etc). So needless to say our deductible disappeared, thanks to my new career. Wh...

The Proposal

Not the movie...but: That's right. We are engaged! I haven't posted in the last 6 days on purpose. We wanted to inform our family and a few friends before I share with the whole world (or whoever reads this blog...Lol). And since I share everything with you, I'm going to share with you Andrew's proposal ( which was absolutely perfect for us). We had been discussing marriage, buying a house, etc for over a year. We had even discussed engagements, rings, and proposals way back in Feb of this year. He knew my ring size and my thoughts on proposals. I think they should be thoughtful and geniune. That pretty much sums it up. Simple, sweet, and not too expensive. Picture on right: Selfie just after we got engaged! So months went by since our marriage discussion and then last Tuesday Dec 23rd Andrew proposed. Let me start at the beginning.  Monday Dec 22nd my friend, Stacey, came to visit for the night. Andrew said Stacey and I should get our nails done, you know a g...