Skip to main content

Keeping Me on My Toes!


Little bit of Chaos, no big deal, that's normal.

Today, I took my last dose of 50,000 Units of Vitamin D. This means today I needed to get my Vitamin D levels checked. I go to pull out the order for the lab test from my Med drawer in the kitchen and there's no order...

[Time 10:30am]What? I keep every new order, script, and meds all there... Receipts, insurance info, Clinic papers I keep in my file box. There is no way I lost it. That's when it occurred to me that the nurse sent the Vit. D order and never sent me the lab order.

[Time 10:40am] Shoot, I need to get to Mobile Meals. I rush to Mobile Meals ( different portion of the hospital), use the phone at disptach to call registration desk. copy the fax number down, while driving to the first person's home to give them their meal, I call Dr. B's office. I tell them I need the order sent to Perry today. (Note: I had no way of getting hold of my old doctor between Fridays at 4pm and Mondays at 9am... )

[Time 11:45] Done delivering meals and chatting with my ederly friends. I drop off Mobile Meals delivery bag and head to registration. Where Emily (she is the Registrar) tells me she hasn't received it and that the lab closes at 1pm.

(Yes, in lil ol' Princeton, IL our hospital Lab closes at 1pm on Saturdays..our "sidewalks roll up at 9pm", and on Sundays the few restuarants in town are packed after church, because every congregation goes out to eat)

[Time 11:47] Emily tells me if I need to run and do stuff, she can call my cell when the order comes in.. I leave to go throw my laundry in the dryer, cuz I need clothes for rehearsal tomorrow and a friend was coming over at 2pm.

[Time: 12:15] I decide to call Dr. B's again and drive back to the hospital. Dr. B's office didn't realize the lab closed at 1 pm.

[Time 12:30] At hospital, just waiting on the order to be faxed.

{Time: 12:45] Fax arrives, registers, goes to Lab, has blood drawn!

SUCCESS!!!!!!!! (now, fingers crossed it looks good at my clinic next week!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec

Post- Surgery Appointment

Post Surgery Appt: As you prolly know, I had Laparoscopic Triple Hernia Surgery last Tuesday. Here was a picture of me devouring a piece of bread so I could go home afterward the surgery (4 hours post surgery and 20 mins post waking up from recovery). I was ready to go home! Today I had my post surgery check up. He said everything in the surgery went well and besides the finding the 3rd hernia there were no surprises. He pointed out where the staples/stitches (they are holding the mesh in place) are in me. I have two on each side at the end of the mesh (so 4 on top) and two down farther in my groin. Apparently, I just have one huge piece of mesh that runs the width and length of my whole abdomen/groin area. Bahaha. I am Inspector Gadget after all. He said a few more weeks before I can lift stuff or exercise. Also, he said the area where the staples are will hurt when bending or twisting. However, I only notice really when I twist or turn too fast. Overall, it was a nice appointment

Exercise is VITAL to my HEALTH!

One big promise I have struggled with in past, present, and probably future is to EXERCISE! I know a lot of people struggle with the same problem, regardless is they have CF. We are too good at making excuses for ourselves. I don't have time, I don't feel good, I will start next week. I was on the right track in 2012. I was doing musicals, where I was singing or dancing every night. AND I was coming home to walk or jog almost 5x a week! I started slow and added more distance as I could. I would walk 2x a week with a friend. This is where I focused on distance & length, not speed. Then on the opposite nights, I would jog as much as I could, walk catch breath, and repeat. I had more muscle, was eating more, gaining weight, and my lung function was the highest it had ever been! 60 - 64% <--- WOW! I was single, didn't have a TV (on purpose) and kept myself accountable through my blog & friend (w CF) Laura. Since then a lot has changed. Living with another pers