Skip to main content

Awesome Chipmunk Choir

Doctors Appointment..

It's so soon...my Clinic ( or Doc appt, Since Dr. B hates the term "clinic", ever since he quit the clinic and started a Private Practice)... 

He wanted me to gain weight & improve on lung function...easy...ha ha.

He broke it down into do all nebs, the VEST (which is what I tend to skip), and start jogging or biking etc...

I have been doing very good with my morning med routine, but night routines..I skip a few, not gonna lie. However, that is why I have been blogging more and on FB more... I can type and read a computer screen while doing my nebs and vest..

Why do I skip my vest? Its hilarious, it makes no sense to skip it. You see incase you don't know
what I'm talking  bout....           (This black vest inflates and shakes me)

Yep, it shakes me. So I know lots of CFers who sing while doing their vest, it makes our voices sound high pitched and weird...
(I'm not one of them....*whistles & tries to look innocent)

Seriously I shuold post one on youtube...lol. Here is one I found..
She reminds me of myself at that age!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqKo9rZEC3w

(I'm a bit of a movie nut, so forgive me) BUT you know in My Best Friend's Wedding... the day of the Wedding in the background of the one scenes, there's a shot of 3 guys singing harmony after sucking in some balloons' helium.... ---> kinda sounds like that...

So have you heard of  "The Virtual Choir" that Eric Whitacre formed?
http://ericwhitacre.com/blog/the-virtual-choir-how-we-did-it


 I think he should have a choir with all people (CFers, Asthmatics, etc) who use the vest, to perform! Ha ha ha. It would sound hilarious. And yes, you can do harmony while shaking in the vest. It has been done before...

Meds done, I'm going to bed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's BIG Appointment

 I discussed last week about my recent struggles & goals. I have been dealing with a lot all at once! Family planning (update on that in 2 weeks), my Grandma's funeral, lower lung function. Through it all I have remained very compliant with my meds! My health is VERY important to me. So this last weekend I took my vest machine, wabi sterilizer system , and packs of ensure to my parent's for the weekend. I wanted to make sure I did everything. While it was a sad occasion, it was still pleasant seeing almost all of the family together again. Actually 27 out of 29 of the cousins made it to the funeral. Grandpa is in the middle of the picture (can you find me?) LOL   On top of my medications I have been doing some dancing & walking, but no jogging or anything. I'm still counting calories on my fitbit (hitting over 3000) a day (& 40 grams of protein, 50 grams of fat at least). I knew I was feeling a bit better than before, but wasn't sure what to expec...

Beginning of the Year Troubles

Normal "beginning of the year" troubles for Andrew and I only really consist of one topic: Our Deductible [please no Obama, or government bashing] I've always had high deductibles ALL MY LIFE (no matter who was president). The problem is I hit my deductible within the first week of January. In the past I have always prepared for this and since I was still on my father's insurance (up until last year) he typically paid the bill (at least for medical stuff). And in the future Andrew & I won't have such an issue with this. We will be able to save and plan ahead for the $3,000 (for my deductible, his is another $3,000). However, this year was more difficult. We saved all 2013-2014 for our wedding & honeymoon, plus had our deductible saved too. But Real Estate was a pricey career to start, I've put almost $5,000 into it (classes, dues, licensing, exam, advertising, etc). So needless to say our deductible disappeared, thanks to my new career. Wh...

The Stork Came!

It finally happened!!! The Stork came to our house!! We had 3 kids placed with us (on August 4th) Friday afternoon. Luckily, Andrew was able to take off Friday-Monday (Aug 4th-7th) to be home as we all adjust the first few days. He then worked 8th-12th, but we needed him back home more until the kiddos started school. So took a full second week off, because it was really rough ! Big thanks to Culvers & Phil for allowing us time we needed. I love having kids in the house, but it's a lot of appointments for these kiddos at first. . For privacy reasons, I will never use their names or post pictures of them.  I have made fake names for these posts. When they called I was a little nervous to take 3 kids at once, especially since I have Cystic Fibrosis. We had agreed on only 2 originally. But, the lady explained the 3 of them really needed somewhere. Most foster parent's don't take sibling groups and it is really rare to find one that will take three, so our hearts wanted to ...